Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings to Everyone
Good morning to Everyone 

Introductions.... I never know what to say.   (I'm bit shy until I get to know people, then it's all good)

I was injured on the job.  Unfortunately, due to the accident, I have permanent disabilities.
Among other problems, I have a chronic, progressive neuro-muscular disease which is very painful.   Gradually I'm losing my ability to function.  Trying to accept and cope with this situation and being disabled at too young an age (IMHO)

Being sedentary is very difficult for me.  I was on the go constantly, working and as parent who gave neighborhood kids rides, etc.
I always enjoyed outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, climbing, liked traveling different places & new experiences....
Most of my former activities, my stress outlets, I can no longer enjoy.   My children are grown with families of their own.

Now I look to the internet for social interactions, information, entertainment, and so on. 
I enjoy reading, music, movies, philosophy, history, and really any intelligent conversation - the more topics the better, as my mind is bored so often, looking for stimulation.  I've found some interesting things  (quantum tunneling, hmm)   Yes, I get desperate to distract myself.  LOL   My injury was years ago so I've had lot of time to fill, especially since I have insomnia.

I'm a good listener and spent much of my life helping people, I Really miss that.  The sense I'm making a difference in this world for good, helping others. Instead of feeling like a burden because there is so much I can't do anymore.
Maybe I'm not able to do much (but type?) however, I still like to help people when I can - even if it's online, instead of "hands on".

I've heard good things about this forum and look forward to getting to know members, making new friends.
If I can provide info, encouragement or just "listen", please don't hesitate to contact me - when I've been here long enough to do that.
Helping other people.... Helps me.   

Thank you for accepting me into this community and offering me "refuge from the storm" of my life.

Peace.
"Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks."   --Davy Crockett
I am sorry, Dancing Wolf. I am also permanently disabled. We can help many online.

Its good to have you here, and so highly recommended.

Welcome aboard.

May u find all u need.

Looking forward to ur posts.

I am sure you can help by just being yourself. Seeing the need in other people is the battle. So glad u r joining in to help in ur own fashion.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Welcome Dancing Wolf.....Smile
Hi Dancing Wolf.   Smile

From your introduction it looks like you will make many good friends here..... And you will be one too.

Good.

There are some of the best people of the WWW on this forum, I hope you find so too.

Read the rules,  and find some threads to hang out in, you will do just great.

best, Linville
(04-09-2016, 03:24 PM)Charon Wrote: I am sorry, Dancing Wolf.  I am also permanently disabled.  We can help many online.

Its good to have you here, and so highly recommended.

Welcome aboard.

May u find all u need.

Looking forward to ur posts.  

I am sure you can help by just being yourself.  Seeing the need in other people is the battle.  So glad u r joining in to help in ur own fashion.

Thank you, Charon, for the warm welcome and encouragement.
I'm looking forward to reading the site and interacting with other members.

(04-09-2016, 04:14 PM)Linville Wrote: Hi Dancing Wolf.   Smile

From your introduction it looks like you will make many good friends here..... And you will be one too.

Good.

There are some of the best people of the WWW on this forum, I hope you find so too.

Read the rules,  and find some threads to hang out in, you will do just great.

best, Linville

Many thanks to Linville and all the other members who were kind enough to take time to welcome me to the forum.
My hands aren't working too well today, so please forgive me if I have not responded to you each specifically.
Group hug?   LOL    j/k

I hope individual members will realize I appreciate each and every one of the posts to me.  very much.
Thank you again.
"Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks."   --Davy Crockett
I start early in the morning. By mid day or evening my arms don't work.

I use smilies which one can obtain thru hitting NEW REPLY.

And, group hug will work wonderfully. GROUP HUG BACK AT YA ((((((((HUGS))))))))

(And, I abbreviate due to mobility issues.)

Nice to see u again. You are doing just fine. Not to worry. People here will understand.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Welcome Wolf!!!
Great introduction. Says a lot about the kind of person you are, and you seem like a good, humble person. Welcome to the forum! If you need anything, well we're all here, and the moderators here are awesome. Hope you stay for a good while!
-Marino

Live the life you love,
 love the life you live.  Heart
Welcome Dancing Wolf