Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for having me on this board.
Well I'm really not a total newbie as far as getting needed meds.  But doctors have cut down meds.  And I suffer from extreme anxiety for years.  So I'm happy to be here on this board.  I sometimes post out of line things.  So I appologize.  I hope to make some friends here.  Im a nice person.  Just at times I'll go off drinking and will say and do dumb things.  I realized last night its time to stop.  And stick to my anxiety meds not alcohol.
Hi JK, it's good to meet you. Thanks for your honesty, it is a rare gift to offer, but a valuable one. I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time and that you cannot get what you need from your doctors anymore. I hope you will find ways to source what you need here on this forum. It's an amazing resource if you use it wisely and with care. I've always wondered why we have alcohol as our permitted, social drug of choice as it can really cause a lot of harm, so I feel for you if you are finding it harms you by making you act in ways you do not like. I had a mercifully short period of drinking heavily a decade ago when I had a number of losses in my life and it really helped nothing at all, all it did was make things worse. In the end I cut right back. That made all the difference to me. So I hope you find ways of dealing with it too - it is definitely possible.
All the best to you.
Welcome aboard. Read the rules and try not to drunk post Smile. It's like drunk dialing. The next day you think, "wow, I really called her last night. Hmm, what did I say." My advice is to read, to add to the forum in anyway you can and there are some great resources and people here. Nice to have you aboard.
Welcome JK...

Hey from someone that knows... Alcohol and medz do not mix well... I've had lots of friends through the years, that if they could, they'd tell you exactly that...

We are here and will be what you need us to be for you... But by givin up medicating with alcohol, you've taken a grand step in a great direction... When those "urges" hit (and they will) we may be able to be that little "extra" bump to help you through it...

Be safe my friend... We are all pullin for ya...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Hey, JK. I did catch a few of your posts. You apologize the next day though.

Next time u feel the urge to get loaded, talk to us. When u get fifty posts u may PM with us.

Sometimes it takes a couple hours of talking to get ur mind off that Other Thing.

I have faith in you.

I shall cut you some slack as I understand that you have owned up to a problem. You have a potential solution for said problem already thought out. And, you are a very nice person when you drink. Mostly. A tad difficult to comprehend.

But, alcohol is not nice to one's body.

Maybe we can try sticking to your anxiety meds, and u let us know how u feel?

We are all here for u. You can do this.

Oh, Welcome. May u find all u need herein.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Thank you everyone for the kind words.
Welcome onboard
welcome! I'm new too (newer than you to this spot). Hope you will lean on the community here and find it of value.
Welcome JK! Smile
JK. May you find some peace and even some happiness on this board. Everyone is so willing to help.