Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF YOU REQUIRE MAGAZINES PLEASE READ
Something I've noticed every year since 9-11 international mail takes longer to make it to you.   If your pack normally takes 2 weeks it'll probably be 3 weeks.  Obviously, customs scrutinizes packages more thoroughly during this time frame so I'm just throwing it out there to keep that in mind when in the next couple of weeks.   Make sure you either have socked up or order a little early.   Security tightens up here in about two weeks or so.
Hi Bighead,
not a bad thought to remember, thanks.
Planning is so much more reliable than speed Cool

(08-16-2016, 04:34 PM)Bighead Wrote: Something I've noticed every year since 9-11 international mail takes longer to make it to you.   If your pack normally takes 2 weeks it'll probably be 3 weeks.  Obviously, customs scrutinizes packages more thoroughly during this time frame so I'm just throwing it out there to keep that in mind when in the next couple of weeks.   Make sure you either have socked up or order a little early.   Security tightens up here in about two weeks or so.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
Great point Bighead. Holidays also slow down the customs process quite a bit in my experience. And not all postal holidays but some unofficial holidays that are only observed by some, like April 20th.
“When they said, repent, I wonder what they meant.” - Leonard Cohen RIP
So true bighead. I always forget 9/11 as a potential slow time. Must order some mags tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.
OR
Good points. Last year I made the mistake of crossing the Canada/US border and the delays where crazy. I really should have know better
that border services would being extremely diligent on this sad anniversary.