Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel stress anxiety tips
Came across Mojo's holiday anxiety tips. How about anxiety travel tips?  About to move halfway across world with 3 boys under 6 and a 9 month old girl. 19 hour flight. And it's not just the travel but getting ready. We know I meditate and stuff but any ideas about keeping it together without turning into an irresponsible zombie?  Amy tips welcome.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
i have anxiety when needing to travel,amount of times i would been stopped by customs just to check my luggage items,id say pretty much sums up how anxious i look,but its related to whole airports,since hate masses of people moving and if traveling alone anxiety is multiplied to get to right terminal,and whole waiting for plane takes forever and porcess of going trough checks and securities,dont know why but feel always lost and scared in that sense.

That said once on the plane and sitting in seat all that goes away,just put seatbelt on and close eyes and try to drift off,since its not anxiety of flying for me but whole process getting to it that stresses the most of me.while on the plane i feel relaxed since know that planes are safest way of travel and given pilots to the hard work i just accept situation,since people usually on flights want the same some peace and to mind their own business.

Now since you travel with young kids and infant i believe valium is out of question or any other benzos,since youd need to keep eye on them,in that case not sure how good your older kids are but do they have any tablets,just load them up with games and movies to occupy for duration of flight.As for you personally id load ipod phone or any player with relaxation music,theres quite a selection online for breathing exercises,meditation,concentration and anxiety,which on a plane you can enjoy in full sound with earbuds on,given its usually loud thus,just to drift away whenever you can,theres few famous hypnotists that have calming and soothing voice,and sessions usually last up to an hour,while its not a lot but if you can drift away for that period is enough to get some energy back.
Yes I think that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Thanks. Maybe a little melatonin... for the boys..haha!
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.