Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
issues
Belong to anxiety support group-not bad and because people fill scripts at different time of the month we tend to help each other out.  Recently some new people have joined and "forget" favors and help when they needed it.  No selling just "help me get through 2-3 days".

It really is bothering me because there was trust and support and now I cannot even talk to or tolerate someone who has not lived up to their word.  Casts quite a damper on the whole experience which used to be honest.

I will phase out the unreliable but really I don't need the drama-suggestions?
If you have a few friends there, stay friends with them.

The others are not worth ur friendship it seems to me.

Just know, that LE will look at lending a person a few pills the same way they do vending. I seriously doubt the DA would bring a case for three days of meds.

It is a hard lesson to learn, but the vast majority of people are being raised as narcissists. No concern for others. Of course, they may feel afraid, also.

Just saying if i joined a support group, I would not share what was scripted to me. Both for legal reasons and because i have learned so many people are less than ethical in this world.

Sorry. But, we are not to fret about evil doers. They seem to abound. Not everyone gets the concept of family and taking care of family.

Good luck. May ur group really become a family and help each other.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

well what you do is your business.

that said seems simple solution stick to people you knew in the first place.its like any other circles in life once you know someone well enough then you start to trust them,but not at first sight,given sensitive nature.
(04-20-2017, 08:52 PM)Charon Wrote: If you have a few friends there, stay friends with them.

The others are not worth ur friendship it seems to me.

Just know, that LE will look at lending a person a few pills the same way they do vending.  I seriously doubt the DA would bring a case for three days of meds.

It is a hard lesson to learn, but the vast majority of people are being raised as narcissists.  No concern for others.  Of course, they may feel afraid, also.

Just saying if i joined a support group, I would not share what was scripted to me.  Both for legal reasons and because i have learned so many people are less than ethical in this world.

Sorry.  But, we are not to fret about evil doers.  They seem to abound.  Not everyone gets the concept of family and taking care of family.  

Good luck.  May ur group really become a family and help each other.

Charon I had not considered some of the points you raised-thank you.

Issue solved do not need any problems that have been brought to my attention...yikes!

The real thing is the narcissism that is exactly what I am seeing-"me first" just going for moral support from now on.
Do not really like talking about myself much.

The support group used to be about more than just talk-we would go for walks, have lunch or toss a ball around-often this was better than the meetings.  The favors were small mostly to cover a long weekend or if someone could not get an appointment.  It was social but many people moved away for economic reasons and some are just gone.  It was about the people it was never a "market".

Today-just not the same and members are on their phones or devices something I had not worried about until now.  Thanks again for the heads-up really it was a thing between us but now I see that it could be seen differently.
Sorry to hear about that...yeah, nothing causes anxiety like people who won't get off their damn devices.
Wow that's great mr nobody. I wish they had something like that where I am. I tell people about my issues and next thing you know everyone in town is talking about you. Don't worry about the people playing on their phones and not paying attention that's the ones that don't really need to be there.
(05-12-2017, 01:06 AM)Noonehere Wrote: Wow that's great mr nobody. I wish they had something like that where I am. I tell people about my issues and next thing you know everyone in town is talking about you. Don't worry about the people playing on their phones and not paying attention that's the ones that don't really need to be there.

Thanks guys took a long time to join a group and it has had many ups and downs.  Please note this is for coping with anxiety/ptsd/panic/gad etc.  This is not for substance abuse problems but sometimes they come with the territory we do not judge unless people are just out of line.

In a small town people will talk-unfortunately with today's phones and devices everyone lives in a small town.

And now for the venting of evil...over the last few meetings one of the new and younger "members" I have another name for this person is just pi$$ing people off-he is making all the wrong friends, showing up on god knows what and has his tech on all the time.  I do not want the heat (they are free to be stupid) but I cannot believe that this person cannot see some of the people they are disrespecting could put their phone in a place they may not like.  Amazing what just one sociopath can do in a short time-I just do not need this at all.

Could be time to walk away-seen this too many times and some people you just can't reach so don't waste your energy.

Not meant towards iop just some stuff I have to work out...peace to all.
seems like your having several issues in the group,sharing,someone being annoying etc.

ive no real idea how these meetings work,but think maybe you are correct to take a break off.on a side note if you got few people that you got to know you could form small circle meeting group yourself to express issues faced,since might as well have some barbecue and few people over once every few weeks and talk things out, while i mentioned i dont have much clue how them meetings go but think most people usually just want to went and to speak to someone that would understand them.

Since sounds whatever is happening you do get more miserable going there and someone wrecking such meetings,thus you dont get any benefit from it anymore.
Mr. Nobody you have not been here since 2019. I seriously hope and pray that you have found a place of comfort as a forum. When i see so many missing in action i have to be concerned about covid, med availability. Testing of meds.

Please, Father God, make sure Mr. Nobody is somebody to you. He always has been to me. May he be alright I pray.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel