Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roses Dad
I just read with sadness the pain Roses is going through.  It struck a cord with me today.  She was grieving her Dad and I hope I gave her some words that may help from my own journey with my Dad. 
However, I came on here tonight a little sad myself.  I just learned yesterday that 2 of my classmates had passed away within the last 2 day.  I went to a small high school in the country and by the time we were seniors we had 65 in our class...and most of t hem we had gone to elementary and middle school together.  Although I left to go to college, I never went back to the country to live, however, I am close and would go frequently when parents were living..they passed 15-20 yrs ago but I still have property there and go 3 or 4 times a year (I have put flowers on my parents and grandparents graves since 1995 - every Christmas and every Easter).  My generation was probably the first generation that actually moved away to live.  My class has had regular reunions the normal years 5,10, 15 etc.  Recently however we have been having them every other year.  It's a 3 hr trip.

Both of these people I  knew well, played basketball with one and wrote a song with the other -- he was a Rev Dr........ and had authored 14 books (history of our neck of the woods) which has a lot of history on it. 

I share this with you because in both cases I had done Facebook with them and promised I would soon be home and we would have lunch.....well, Friends, let me tell you .....no matter your age, but especially if you are getting up there........don't promise and wait - you may never get another chance.

Thanks for letting me vent - you truly are my friends and family. Angel Sad
Good post Ladybug.

And so true to say to remember that it can all end in a moment so try to do those things you plan to do .

Thank you for posting.
(06-11-2017, 01:23 AM)Linville Wrote: Good post Ladybug.

And so true to say to remember that it can all end in a moment so try to do those things you plan to do .

Thank you for posting.

Thanks Lin.  Already planning a trip to see my very best friend since grade school - she lives 12 hrs away - she also country girl and comes home once a yr in recent yrs - I would always go see her and we would enjoy 12 hrs together.  Last yr she didn't come health problems and of course now there is my health problems and my husbands - I have promised her since we turned 50 I was flying down and spending the week - Well I am now making plans to go by Amtrak in the Fall - no more delaying.  Hard lesson learned. 
Hope others on here think about it.
i am sorry for ur losses ladybug. my mother never forgave herself for not reaching out to a woman that she felt needed her. and, then it was too late.

try to do special things while u still can.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Thank you Ladybug for your wonderful post. In life most of us consider that we are immortal or immune to disease and pain . We see others pain and suffering without realizing that our time will come for us and the people we love . We forget that what we could do today should not be left for the future.
We must all take opportunities to be close to those we love today to make good acts while we can and enjoy life as much as we can. We much take every chance we have otherwise it may be too late.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friends Ladybug and thank you for the reminder that life can be way shorter than we expect.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
So glad u decided to do something now .Traveling is not so much on our agenda except to my husbands
Favorite teams up North that begin with a B - he has decided that we will fly up to see them more and lessons learned from losing some friends in the last 2 yrs (deaths coming too close together) I was to visit and actually they are only or at least some of them only 3 hrs away - now why can't I just say we are going....