Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York, Ne
Big Grin 
I have to share this because I was pleasantly surprised.  As a 21st birthdAY gift we took grandchild to NY for 4 day - shows were great but the subway system stinks and you can plan an itinerary however, whatever time you a lot for that place that you want to see, double the the time......but nicest thing about New York was the people - very helpful, courteous, , etc. - that was a nice surprise but will never go back , I have too much country in me  besides NY is for the young or rich, better yet, young  and rich.
I never thought I would care for NYC but had to go there for work a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't get to go to any shows but being in the Financial District was kind of neat although not a place I would want to live. Everyone in such a hurry.

Another time I was in (on?) Long Island and took the train in. Planned out my entire trip in advance, which subway trains I needed to take to get where I was going etc. Get in to the city & the subway line I needed to take was down for construction and to someone who has never been in a subway before I spent a very long time trying to figure out the detour. It was a very disappointing experience.

Someday I would like to take the SO though just for the experience.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain