Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Day Everyone (although I doubt many people read these lol)

I am a member of many forums for topics I am interested in and I have to say this is the first one I have seen that requires an introductory post, pretty interesting! I have to say I like the idea. 

It is nice to get to know the new members as a resident member and for me as a new member it is a soft introduction to the community.

Anyways I am truck driver, have been for 8 years now and I like to use forums to stay informed and connected (the life on the road can be a lonely one) 

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, I look forward to getting to know you all! Smile
welcome aboard. May u find all u need herein.

Truck driver? Why, sir, I beg to differ. You are the Truck King. Impressive.

These are the all important rules to keep us safe: http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=1

Well, if we are all willing to work together, u become part of our family and then life is not so lonely on the road. Or, being homebound due to illness. Or anxiety.

You may notice that we speak in cryptic terms of art. It is a dangerous time right now. So, do your research before you make an order.

Looking forward to your posts.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(10-05-2017, 09:31 PM)Charon Wrote: welcome aboard.  May u find all u need herein.

Truck driver?  Why, sir, I beg to differ.  You are the Truck King. Impressive.

These are the all important rules to keep us safe:  http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=1

Well, if we are all willing to work together, u become part of our family and then life is not so lonely on the road.  Or, being homebound due to illness.  Or anxiety.

You may notice that we speak in cryptic terms of art.  It is a dangerous time right now.  So, do your research before you make an order.

Looking forward to your posts.
Thanks Charon! I just joined and I must of read the rules 15 times and still find myself checking back. I am trying to read as much as possible to learn all the terms. I AM TERRIFIED OF BREAKING ONE OF THE RULES THIS EARLY! Typically when I join forums I don't post for a while and just read so I am pretty informed before I contribute. Here though you kind of have to just throw yourself into the mix, learn as you go and hope you do not make any mistakes.
We all make mistakes. Every one of us. But, by the time you have seen the banned mark under someone's name, let me assure you that the offending member had been warned via posts, PMs from several of us, corrections or hints from other members.

Their biggest mistakes are in failure to protect a vendor, our members and forum with too much info. That can be edited until they get the hang of it.

If they want to go to war, then both the attorney and the minister come out in me. We do demand respect. Cuz some of us put our entire lives into doing forums to help others also chronically ill. So, if someone comes out with guns blazing at me or my mods because they r high as a kite, they get a final warning. Or, they get their arse kicked to the curb. My moderators don't like when a ne'er do well treats a lady as badly as i can be treated.

Truth is, quite a few i have banned, for the sake of the forum and the members and vendors, do keep in touch with me via email. One gets to know and help many a person doing this for about 24 years.

We all consider whether a member with attitude can be blended into the family. At many a forum, its A OK to flame another. Call each other names.

I raised my son. And well. So, I am not running Romper Room. And, I kid ye not when I say these are dangerous times. So, info will be edited but none of us ban instantly. Promise.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hi and welcome TruckKing1268. To the forum.

You would be surprised how many read these things!

Do you drive a big truck or a regular sized one ?

Oh remember we like you to start out slow posting ~5 posts a day so we can get to know you in a normal way!

Make sense to ya .
Keep on trucking TruckKing!
TruckKing don't worry we are very friendly and normal bunch of people.

Many a great members . Many that I find so glad I've met here.

I hope you relax and know that Charon speaks very kindly the truth of he matter to you.

I would feel very special that you got such an explanation . 

Very good stuff.

I hope you have a good evening TK.
(10-05-2017, 11:27 PM)Linville Wrote: Hi and welcome TruckKing1268. To the forum.

You would be surprised how many read these things!

Do you drive a big truck or a regular sized one ?

Oh remember we like you to start out slow posting ~5 posts a day so we can get to know you in a normal way!

Make sense to ya .

I drive one of the big ones, a big sleeper Peterbilt. As you can imagine sitting in a truck 14 hours a day and sleeping on the twin in the back causes a whole variety of medical issues. 

We used to just think they were trucker pains, now we know better. Everything from basic lower back and deep joint pain, to insomnia, to shift work disorder, to anxiety and everything in between.
Welcome TruckKing

Welcome to the best IOP forum on the web because it is so much more. Hit the Rule Book First which looks like you already have This forum stays the best because of those rules and it's also easy to break em without thinking you ever did.  It may seem a bit "strict" but thats what keeps this forum the best.

You got great people here and the Moderators work long and hard to keep the trash out and drama to a minimum and we always got to help em by making sure to know the rules cause they are enforced. They protect everyone from you and I to out fantastic vendors.

Best advice is to Read, Read and Read some more Rules first of course. Throw a few posts out there under topics you are interested or start a thread and let everyone get to know you a bit and the doors will start to open for you.

Welcome again and hope you find what you need

Peace to all and a blessed day.

Fury
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
Hello and welcome, TruckKing. Glad you joined us...Smile