Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All!
Hello All,

It's refreshing to find a place like this where others share the same issues and needs. I look forward to listening to you and sharing as well. Hope everybody has a fantastic and productive week  Smile
Hi Tazcarm,

Good to meet you! Hope you look around and contribute to the forum.

I don't want to be the rain on the parade, and maybe I'm projecting here, but, you asked a question in another thread that idk if anyone can/will answer according to the rules. I may be wrong, but just figured I'd give you a heads up, in case that's the case.

Someone else will chime in an let you--and me--know, I'm sure.

Have a good day.
welcome aboard. may u find all u need. the rules, which are enforced: http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=1

i checked the other post that was mentioned. People, vendors get very upset to see their name in another vendors thread.

And i know that a certain vendor, probably most of them, have spies whom report back to them. I got an email and a phone call cuz i mentioned once about how long i used said vendor. Suffice to say, I shall never do that again.

But, u r not in trouble. Its just our forum is read and quoted all over the place and it is not necessarily to our benefit.

So, lets be careful. Imagine the vendor is rite there reading your post cuz he will have someone doing so. Just sayin.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Thanks, Charon, I appreciate your verifying my hunch. I just don't want anyone to needlessly get in "trouble." Thanks for clearing it up for me, too.

Tazcarm, don't be mad at me, dude. I was just trying to help you out! Best!
And that is the way it should be helping the members.
None of us are perfect so a little help now and again is a good thing.
Yay.

Oh pardon my manners member Tazcarm, welcome .
Hello Tazcarm and welcome.

What a nice first posting. I hope you have a great week too. I'm fairly new in these parts too, see you around.
not to mention, we pretty much read every post made here. I get to see the spirit of the place and how people interact and its now what i have been doing for awhile.

so please don't be upset. we do not read PMs which, to us, is disgusting behavior. But other forums do read them. Pafooey.

But, u did not say anything that i would not have read at least thirty more times before tomorrow afternoon. Not to mention Our Ice Wizard and our Mad Max. They get around.

Its not a biggie. We are not as bad as say, the Soup Nazi of tv, but its been an horrific year in both the real world and online in terms of patients being appropriately treated. So, really it is nice to protect each other. It is brutal out there.

Have glorious nites all.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hi and welcome, Tazcarm. Hope your week is wonderful, too.  Smile
Welcome. We are glad to have you aboard. I hope to see you out on the threads.
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if you don't go to the doctor for regular checkups, you're bananas. 
Hi everybody, I appreciate the warm welcomes and the heads up as well. I apologize it's been quite some time since i have been around. Shortly after I posted this first message back in 2018 my mother was diagnosed with cancer and my husband and i moved in with her to take care of her. It was a very hard time and a few months later I was having trouble breathing and went to the ER and was admitted and diagnosed with congestive heart failure with a need to be placed on a heart transplant list and spent two months in a step down unit of a cardiac hospital with a prognosis of no longer than 5 years to live. I was released 2 months later with a Life Vest which is basically a vest that is monitored 24 hours a day and could possibly save my life if needed. An external defibrillator.

A few months after being released from the hospital my mother passed away from lung cancer. very unexpected because she was herself a regulatory manager in cancer research and knew all of the best oncologist in the country. Very very hard time. A loss I am still trying to recover from.

About 9 months ago after having several tests done of my heart my cardiologist told me that my heart had fully recovered and it was working again as a high healthy adult heart! How could this possibly be? How can they say I had five years to live and now this? I already accepted my fate I already came to terms with my soon to be death. I was diagnosed with a very bad case of what they call Broken Heart Syndrome Stress cardiomyopathy or another name would be Takatsubo. A condition in which stress or the loss of a loved one becomes so svere that your heart literally goes into failure but usually you recover and can live a normal life.

Pretty scary to say the least but once I was diagnosed with this and the heart failure i thought I would never again have trouble getting the anxiety medication that I literally need to live. I located my psychiatrist I had seen several years before I began to see him on a regular basis and was being prescribed anxiety meds as needed. This past December my psychiatrist passed away from cancer as well. The one person in the world that understood my anxiety issues and was there for me through all of this.

I tried all my contacts I had gained through forums like this and probably contacts I will be able to regain once I make the quota of posts here however I was sad to hear my longtime African Magazine company had gone out of business and my good friend in San Diego was no longer at his last addressSad

I will do my best to support you all and to offer any advice I can and to be patient as I become a trusted member.

I would appreciate any tips you could offer me as to getting started here and look forward to getting to know you allSmile

Sincerely, The survivor! Smile