Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How depressed are you? Score yourself
Hi Rafterman!

Thanks gor the nice message and the link for depression test. I scored a 9 but it was to my surprise really. I think that anxiety on top of mild depression can at times make feel overwhelmed. So was interesting to put things into perspective. I can’t thank you enough for post such an informative thread. Will occasionally retake this to assess my depression levels. 

Xfizzler.
 There is more time than life ....  so make it count!
(03-28-2018, 12:19 AM)Xfizzler Wrote: Hi Rafterman!

Thanks gor the nice message and the link for depression test. I scored a 9 but it was to my surprise really. I think that anxiety on top of mild depression can at times make feel overwhelmed. So was interesting to put things into perspective. I can’t thank you enough for post such an informative thread. Will occasionally retake this to assess my depression levels. 

Xfizzler.

Thanks for your compliments! My pleasure, X. Your depression to anxiety ratio is intriguing. My ratio is similar. Most people have scores that are closer together and, if anything, have depression as their higher score. The current thinking is that all anxiety stems from depression. I do not agree. This is why 99% of practitioners treat anxiety disorders with antidepressants and why this brings mixed results. Nearly all practitioners shun the use of benzos and most don't even believe in cognitive therapy anymore. They just think that if they can eliminate your depression, that your anxiety well disappear with it. There is so much more to it, like the fact that mania can masquerade as anxiety, etc. But these are all subjects for future threads. Thanks again for participating and I am glad that you got something out of it! Regards, RM
I score 6. Intersteting, I used Propecia for more than 14 years ( a medicine to stop hair loss ) and I was a lot more depressive ( 9 ) when I was with that med. Took me a lot of time that that medicine cause me that .