Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typical "Hospital gone Haunted" story
So im not sure where the rules stand in this forum when it comes to superstition or belief in the paranormal or anything like that, but im not about to push my beliefs or anything like that. I just have an interesting story to tell.

Ive been working in hospitals for close to a decade now, and ive seen my fair share of them, and I have heard all the stories.

However amongst these stories I dont often get a feeling or get spooked easily, infact im mostly desensitized to the heebiejeebies. Ive done plenty of morgue transfers, been right up in the business in surgeries, one of my longest roles was technician work decontaminating surgical instruments, aggression response and patient restraint in Resus in emergency departments. The works.

So this hospital, one of the ones im frequently contracted has kinda a reputation amongst the employees. For the sceptics our there you are gonna have a field day with this one, its kinda the typical story, but from everything ive heard the stories all match up and the history certainly fits!.

For confidentiality reasons I wont be revealing the name of this place or giving away any info that might reveal that. We are a private institute and definitely dont need "Ghost hunters" coming exploring. Not that they would get far, this place is a darn maze to newcomers!.

The actual main building reached 100 years old just last year, and its smack bang in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the country. So when they expand they have nowhere to go but up so the original buildings are all still standing.

For the most part nearly all of the hospital is free of ghost stories or rumours or anything like that. But the first basement level doesnt have that freedom (We go down about 6 more floors from there).

This basement level is currently used mainly as a transport area for patients between the emergency department and the main hospital, as it runs directly underneath the whole building and doesnt have families or guests roaming around usually unless they are lost. But there is still a pretty good chunk of employees who have to use this area pretty frequently.

One of the main sections of corridor is where our archives are kept, Including 100 years of deceased patient records!. Which is where this story gets interesting. In the exact same corridor is the sealed up room where the original morgue was!.

Also close by is what we call a "plant room" that has an automatically locking door. Which isnt a problem, we carry swipe cards and can get out. But we have something of a hospital myth regarding this room. The myth is that one night a good 15 years back a homeless person somehow found there way into the basement (a fire escape had been left propped open by some cigarette smoking employee), and from there got into the plant room whilst the doors were conveniently being repaired and hence unlocked. They went into the depths of this rather massive room, and found themselves a hidden little nook to sleep in. But according to rumour they overdosed while they were in there, and were discovered the next morning by maintenance workers.

This stretch of corridor has so many individual reports of weird feelings, things moving unexpectedly, unexplained whisperings. The most common story I hear but is of people stepping into this corridor out of a staircase or elevator and seeing people at the end of the corridor when there shouldnt be anybody down there. Now having been around hospitals for so long, as a rule I generally dont listen to any of this. I work night shift, im frequently alone down there in the early hours of the morning and late at night. I dont need peoples thoughts on the matter subconsciously influencing me or anything. If I see somebody down there at these hours, its safer for everybody if I think its a real person and call it in to security so they can check out a potential intruder.

But recently I was taking over from the afternoon supervisor and he was about as shook as ive ever seen him. Ive seen him flustered, and ive seen him stressed from overworking. Ive heard his thoughts on this matter, and he definitely does not believe any of this. Yet I came on and he was totally out of it, I asked him what was up and he explained that he had been moving an unoccupied patient bed out of the way using that corridor and as he passed the archive section for deceased, The bed slammed into the wall of its own accord. For the record these beds have steering locks on the wheels, they dont move left or right while the locks are on, they take a wide curve. But he mentioned the locks were a little dodgy as the bed was old, so there is that. But for some reason on this occasion it got to him. It had been a weird night for him, multiple codes, a morgue transfer. So he was affected by it in a way he wouldnt usually be. So for the first time in many years, I kinda trusted the legitimacy of the "haunted" reputation of this particular building. Now I honestly feel a little uncomfortable down there. Its not gonna stop me using the area or anything. But its just how it is.

Once again im not pushing beliefs or anything. This is just the recount of the story and the history and the reputation of it. Personally im not even 100% sure on where I stand with it.

Edit: For the record I was down there taking my last break while I wrote this, kinda just sitting on a step having a coffee lol. My vibes been particularly charged since the recent eclipse and I was thinking about it while I was sitting.
Code:
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."