Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood pressure medication
I know it's not a Hot topic     but  these BP - medication recalls by the FDA    Is getting out of hand ! 

As a member of the medical Community & a individual who has High blood pressure!.  & was effected by the FDA recalls     I'm feel obligated to bring this up.  

Has anyone else been effected by it   ?    If so I would like to know if willing  Smile
Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
I take Cl0nidine for HBP. Been on it for about 5 years now.
Going to do a little research, since I haven't been effeted (yet) - other than getting a different generic than I have been getting for over a year.. Unichem is what I was getting. Now it's from Sun Pharmaceuticals. I haven't noticed a difference, but think I'll be asking for Actavis/Teva next month.
I feel your struggle with the issue at hand. We rely on our BP meds to keep us at same level I myself had to switch over to Metoprolol & am finding it difficult to get the correct dosage!

I can only wonder what other medications has the FDA failed us on by not holding manufacturers more accountable.

It is my own personal opinion that the United States should make meds in the United States & not have to rely on China or India!
I wasn’t aware of the recall & I take bp meds. So, looks like I’ll be doing some research!! I get that manufacturing meds, like anything else, is cheaper overseas, but the companies should have far more rigorous testing in place to make sure the quality control is taken care of!