Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tev@ discontinues generic Kl0nopin
Sad 
Is anyone else having an issue with this?

I've been on Kl0n many years now. Small dose, prescribed. I've been on Tev@ brand for about a decade, maybe longer.
I've tried just about every other generic, and tried brand name a few months, and actually preferred the Tev@. Each work differently, in a matter. I'm quite sensitive to my medication, however.
Doing some research on Tev@ and the differences between other brands, it's been found that basically the only difference in ingredients is povidone. Not a single other brand has this, including name brand. Basically, from what I've gathered is that this helps make the medicine last longer, so you aren't needing to dose as often. Tev@ acquired Act@vis, which made I'd say top 3 after Tev@, but I can't for the life of me understand why they would stop making their own brand and continue on with Act@vis ingredients. Not only this, but I believe they are changing it as well, so older Act@vis pills won't be the same as the new ones.
It's been about 2-3 months now, and I am having problems with it basically stop working faster. It kind of feels like a X@n XR or something.. hard to explain, I suppose.
Now for a question..
Tev@ is still making V@Llum. So I asked my Dr. about switching, but I don't know if her conversion is correct. Let's say, I get 2mg a day of K. I've read I'd need about 20-40mg of V. Which is a big difference. I was told by Dr max would be 15mg of V. Is this correct? I've always been interested in getting prescribed V instead, but Tev@s K worked so well, I didn't want to change what wasn't broke, so to speak. Now, with this new change, I am not sure if I should give this a go. After so many years of K, will 15mg be enough?
Thank you guys.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Andy
(12-20-2018, 04:11 PM)andybones Wrote: Is anyone else having an issue with this?

I've been on Kl0n many years now. Small dose, prescribed. I've been on Tev@ brand for about a decade, maybe longer.
I've tried just about every other generic, and tried brand name a few months, and actually preferred the Tev@. Each work differently, in a matter. I'm quite sensitive to my medication, however.
Doing some research on Tev@ and the differences between other brands, it's been found that basically the only difference in ingredients is povidone. Not a single other brand has this, including name brand. Basically, from what I've gathered is that this helps make the medicine last longer, so you aren't needing to dose as often. Tev@ acquired Act@vis, which made I'd say top 3 after Tev@, but I can't for the life of me understand why they would stop making their own brand and continue on with Act@vis ingredients. Not only this, but I believe they are changing it as well, so older Act@vis pills won't be the same as the new ones.
It's been about 2-3 months now, and I am having problems with it basically stop working faster. It kind of feels like a X@n XR or something.. hard to explain, I suppose.
Now for a question..
Tev@ is still making V@Llum. So I asked my Dr. about switching, but I don't know if her conversion is correct. Let's say, I get 2mg a day of K. I've read I'd need about 20-40mg of V. Which is a big difference. I was told by Dr max would be 15mg of V. Is this correct? I've always been interested in getting prescribed V instead, but Tev@s K worked so well, I didn't want to change what wasn't broke, so to speak. Now, with this new change, I am not sure if I should give this a go. After so many years of K, will 15mg be enough?
Thank you guys.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Andy
Didn't know that Tev@ acquired Act@vis - thanks for that. As to your question about is 15mg enough- I would say every1 would be different especially with something new. maybe follow ur Dr advice here would be appropriate...………………………..good luck...………..Folken
From my experience, you will need 20mg of Valium to do what 1mg Of klonopin will do. That’s my experience and I have used them all. Actually even 20 mg of Valium wouldn’t exactly feel like that because klonopin just has a way of totally removing anxiety where Valium doesn’t. Valium dulls it whole klonopin removes is. Klonopin is a high affinity benzo.
I get away with Rivitrol Klon 2mg @ X2 or MSJ Daz 10mg @ X2 interchangeably. No issues at all and no noticeable difference, for me. Very happy about that as I was unsure about switching.
Are MSJ's any good?
(12-21-2018, 10:33 PM)honstym Wrote: Are MSJ's any good?

I find they work fine. I usually take 15mg of premium brands but these are so small I don't bother cutting em in half. Also their roughly half the cost, so why bother.
You should be okay ratio and dose wise....But be aware of the generics you may wind up with. DO NOT, under any circumstances accept mylans generic diaz, they are notoriously bad. Ive had an MD specifically write "do not substitute" because the brand version of this is just so much better. Teva and Mayne's version should be suffice but I would just have the place you shop at order brand. They are just so so so much better.
(12-23-2018, 01:27 AM)Chris5555 Wrote: You should be okay ratio and dose wise....But be aware of the generics you may wind up with.   DO NOT, under any circumstances accept mylans generic diaz,  they are notoriously bad.   Ive had an MD specifically write "do not substitute" because the brand version of this is just so much better.    Teva and Mayne's version should be suffice but I would just have the place you shop at order brand.   They are just so so so much better.

I haven't had bad luck with any us fda generic recently. i have not gotten any infjorerior generics at all in some time now.
Ive recently suffered the coincidences of teva discontinuing what used to be a top notch generic, now im stuck with damn actavis and there just not as good.
(12-16-2019, 08:56 AM)Chris5555 Wrote: Ive recently suffered the coincidences of teva discontinuing what used to be a top notch generic, now im stuck with damn actavis and there just not as good
i would of thought the actavis brand a been just as quality? guess not, haven't had that brand... Wink yet

-Affordu
"There's no place like home.”