Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
What did I do to be $67,018 in debt ?????? as of 2/15/2019
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Nobleone- 

your debt is a product of your governments continual failure to adequately fund it's expenses; by cutting taxes or incorporating more favorable tax codes for the wealthy.
<< you feel it trickling down >> << no?-- maybe they were wrong? >>

Ongoing tax cuts to corporations-   lowered again by Mr.T from 37 % to 21 % << yeah apple needed that corp tax cut >>
Ongoing lower tax cuts to wealthy- lowered again by Mr.T - top tax rate down to 40 % from 44 %

One of my fav tax codes is the little noticed mortgage interest deduction. << currently up to 1,000,000 >>

So if you are a renter << and most people rent >> or have a modest home with a modest mortgage;

- guess what you are subsidizing the wealthy guy with the big home and big mortgage; cause he gets to deduct that fat mortgage interest from his income, and you have no mortgage or a modest one.

I won't bore you with a long rant- just gotta love those tax cuts & tax codes...……………….<< wow just dodged another porthole >>

Folken

(02-15-2019, 06:52 PM)folken Wrote: Nobleone- 

your debt is a product of your governments continual failure to adequately fund it's expenses; by cutting taxes or incorporating more favorable tax codes for the wealthy.
<< you feel it trickling down >> << no?-- maybe they were wrong? >>

Ongoing tax cuts to corporations-   lowered again by Mr.T from 37 % to 21 % << yeah apple needed that corp tax cut >>
Ongoing lower tax cuts to wealthy- lowered again by Mr.T - top tax rate down to 40 % from 44 %

One of my fav tax codes is the little noticed mortgage interest deduction. << currently up to 1,000,000 >>

So if you are a renter << and most people rent >> or have a modest home with a modest mortgage;

- guess what you are subsidizing the wealthy guy with the big home and big mortgage; cause he gets to deduct that fat mortgage interest from his income, and you have no mortgage or a modest one.

I won't bore you with a long rant- just gotta love those tax cuts & tax codes...……………….<< wow just dodged another porthole >>

Folken

edit- most do not rent- sorry for that- it's about 40 % rent
The Washington Elites have been amuck way too long we need term limits just to start .
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Not just Washington-- jmo

Your local town/city council - state legislators etc.

No one wants to pay more tax BUT everyone wants better service. The two do not correlate.

They did a survey recently in Michigan about roads. "Would you consider a tax increase to pay for better roads."

Guess what- almost 90% voted NO!!

Meanwhile the roads in Michigan are atrocious and down right dangerous to drive on. Not just potholes- craters. 

I also do not want to pay for more taxes but you have to be realistic. Taxes as a percent of income and adjusted for inflation have simply not kept up with
time.
People want good schools/good roads (infrastructure)/good healthcare/better immigration control etc etc - but want someone else to pay for it.

And the wealthy have sold us a bill of goods-- that less corporation tax--- less tax on the wealthy, will somehow get us to better school/roads etc.

Not going to happen...………..

Debt Clock will go on ticking upwards. 
Debt ceiling comes up for renewal by Mr. T in March...……………

Folken
If you don't like it now just wait for free healthcare for all and guaranteed income for those unwilling to work..
You hear a lot of politicians calling for 'free' health care and 'free' pharma and they usually quote places
like UK or European countries as examples. Countries which do not spend enough for their own protection.

The problem with this is that the US spends a disproportionate amount of money on the military,
compared to these countries that have 'free' health care etc.

If these countries with free health care spent as much as the US, they couldn't afford
to spend for health care and other freebees.

If there is one thing Mr T and I agree on is that these other countries need to spend more on their military and stop relying on US
for their protection.

The US is the country that is saving the rest from China, Russian,Iran,North Korea etc.

The US is also the biggest contributor to the UN
The US is the biggest contributor to foreign aid. The US is usually the first country to offer aid and in the most amount. Yet they hate the US???

Let those countries spend in proportion to the US and see if they can afford 'free' whatever.

JMHO is all................................Folken