Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA Prescription drugs from Canada?
In the news:

.."In Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill last week that, if federal authorities give it their go-ahead — still a very big if — would allow his state to import prescription drugs from Canada. That makes Florida the third state to pass such a law, joining Vermont and Colorado. More such legislative attempts are in the works..."

Just my thought but it would seem to me that the USA would be exporting to Canada, than the other way around. With 10X the population the drugs produced in USA should have a cheaper price -- by volume. 
Why can't we make drugs here that are just as cheap?

Maybe some1 here knows why we in this situation.

JMHO as always...…………………..Folken
(06-23-2019, 06:21 PM)folken Wrote: In the news:

.."In Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill last week that, if federal authorities give it their go-ahead — still a very big if — would allow his state to import prescription drugs from Canada. That makes Florida the third state to pass such a law, joining Vermont and Colorado. More such legislative attempts are in the works..."

Just my thought but it would seem to me that the USA would be exporting to Canada, than the other way around. With 10X the population the drugs produced in USA should have a cheaper price -- by volume. 
Why can't we make drugs here that are just as cheap?

Maybe some1 here knows why we in this situation.

JMHO as always...…………………..Folken

Actually, generic , once the patent expire, made in USA, are really cheap. Cheaper than any other first world country.
More info on this subject in the news:

....."The soaring cost of insulin in the United States prompted a group of American diabetics to head to Canada on Friday to buy the non-prescription drug at a fraction of the price.
The group of about 25 left Minneapolis, Minn., for London, Ont., where they also plan to hold a press conference to draw attention to the affordability plight.
One of the organizers, Quinn Nystrom, who is making her second such expedition, said insulin prices south of the border have skyrocketed in two decades.
"One in four Americans are rationing their insulin because they cannot afford it, so people are dying," Nystrom, 33, said in an interview as she prepared to leave. "It's a tragedy."............."

So sad that people have to do this..........

JMHO......................Folken