Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Depressed about the end of a relationship
I can’t believe I’ve missed these wonderful responses. I forgot about this thread! Thank you for the kind and thoughtful insight. It’s become clear that we are not going to work out. I haven’t cut this person out of my life completely, but I have spent some quality time being alone and also getting some distance from the situation (which took a dramatically bad turn through November & December.) I’ve only been in long relationships, so being single and alone has always felt scary and uncomfortable. Unfortunately I’ve also distanced myself from some beloved family/friends during this time but I’m starting to reconnect and I know they understand. Life is too short not to embrace it every day and to really love yourself as much as others. January 1st I took myself on a date to a movie I’d been really excited to see. (I never wanted to go alone to a movie.) The movie was just what I hoped. It was the perfect way to start the new year—feeling truly happy with my own company and more confident in my choices.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depressed about the end of a relationship - by MrFussbudget - 01-12-2020, 10:18 PM