as dairy products containing the industrial chemical melamine have been
turning up again in stores. China is hunting for nearly 100 tonnes of tainted
milk powder that was supposed to have been destroyed after a 2008 scandal
over the deaths of six babies.
(AFP/Getty Images)

BY DIANA ZHANG
August 6, 2013
Updated: December 17, 2021

Chinese food scandals have made media headlines for years now. From deadly melamine
in milk products  to harmful honey, China has long allowed toxic food products
(and other dangerous exports) to leave its borders. Most American media and the U.S.
government have not made enough effort to inform the public that food from China may
be dangerous and is rarely inspected by the Food and Drug administration. FDA inspectors
examine a mere 2.3 percent of all food imports. Thus, it is left up to consumers to safeguard
their own health by making smart choices about what to put on the table.

Here are the top 5 products imported from China that you should watch out for.

1) Tilapia

Tilapia is the current fish of favor. Whole Foods Markets are promoting Tilapia with an onsite
chef and free tasting. TV commercials promoting Tilapia are frequent. Yet 80 percent of the
current tilapia supply—382.2 million pounds per year—comes from China.

It is well known in China fish farmers won’t let their children eat the seafood they cultivate.
There was a report in China a few years ago of a young girl living in a fish-farming village who
started to get her period at age 7 because of the high levels of hormones used in fish cultivation.
Farmers use strong antibiotics and growth hormones to keep fish alive in often overcrowded
dirty conditions.

2) Cod

About  51 percent of cod on the U.S. market is from China, or about 70.7 million pounds per year.
What is true for tilapia, is equally the case for cod farming.

3) Apple Juice

If you are buying a bargain apple juice that doesn’t taste very good, it might be a product that has
traveled a long distance—all the way from China. About 50 percent of the apple juice sold in the
United States originates in China—about 367 million gallons per year.

Pesticide residues that remain on fruits, vegetables, and processed foods when they enter the food
supply have long been a problem. China is the world’s largest pesticide producer and has largely
failed to address illegal or dangerous chemical residues on foods, a fact made evident by the nation’s
generous maximum allowable residue levels.

4) Processed Mushrooms

Try to steer clear of canned mushrooms; 34 percent of processed mushrooms are from China,
or 62.9 million pounds per year.

5) Garlic

There are many ways garlic can enter into all kinds of processed food. About 31 percent of garlic,
or 217.5 million pounds per year, is from China. You might see label “organic product,” but in reality,
there’s no third party to checking and certifying “organic” products in China. To turn a profit, anyone
can label a product as “organic.”

The above information is based on the 2011 data presented on May 8, 2013 in testimony before the
House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Hearing on the Threat of China’s Unsafe Consumables.
Food imports from China have been increasing by about 7 percent each year.

If you wonder how dangerous these food products could be to your health, check out these reports
on environmental pollution in China.

Understanding the Pollution Problem in China

According to the South China Morning Post, “As much as 70 percent of Chinese rivers and lakes are
polluted from industrial facilities like chemical and textile plants.”  Recently, residents in Zhejiang,
one of the less polluted provinces in China, offered 300,000 Yuan ($50,000) if government officials
ould dare to swim in the local waterway.

The U.S. embassy in Beijing releases air pollution reports each hour. Americans living in Beijing
depend on that information to decide whether they’ll go out or not at that time.

There have been numerous reports on China’s horrific pollution of air, water, and soil.
With that level of pollution, it is almost impossible to have safe food.

[Image: cD0kVYH.png]

Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
i don't know whom owns mac and cheese in a box. kraft but from where? cuz many many months ago, at start of plandemic, DH and i noted a distinct difference in boxed mac and cheese. ooh gross. cuz i have never been able or willing to eat as other people do. *i lived on liquids for yrs. my generation were the first Golden Girls anorexics.*

my good sis brought up some food for Harry the cat and me just in case. covid reigns in her area still. and the early morn flights into this county aint helping.

my cat is feral. he won't touch many a common cat food. i guess their formulations were fecked with also.

my excedrin does not work the same. kinda ineffective. foods and liquids are different in re: taste and or consistency.

If u r eating something and it tastes weird or disgusting, it could be the company made cheaper substitutes for ingredients. It could have been bad when u bought it.

I am not big on food. But i hate the few items I could tolerate have had their ingredients messed with. gag me with a spoon. Straight from a Collaborator with CCP i reckon.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

These here katz just love the "outdoor kitty - Kit and Kaboodle"

We tried something a little different... Nope... They were not happy katz ...

I'm starting to believe they might be just a touch spoiled...

LT had 4 kitties... One went our friend outta Houston ..

so counting LT, we went from 5 to 4 ... Then she let daddy kat hang around...
With his big round head, soft gray fur and SUCH a pitiful look... Couldn't say no

Back to 5 I reckon...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I don't get to shop for harry. but we finally got some fancy feast. he likes hard also. and he likes what momma eats. and momma can eat mac and cheese. so can Harry.

I am told he sneaks out and eats the food for his stray friends. they sleep in our garage.

Methinks the love from a cat is so glorious, esp if one is really alone, that his requests in food will be fulfilled whenever possible.

Prices are going nutz. Outages of food. All sorts of stuff. The exact same Fancy feast can, sells at dollar stores for less. I am vegetarian forever so harry likes the mac and cheese we eat. i save half if i can eat for him.

*if i could i would feed them all but we got three skunks and three possums and three ferals eating here. but i have read warnings that manufacturers are selling crapadoodle stuff now. Many many of the black cats r dying and no one knows why. Harry is fussy. he wont drink our water. there is an advisory on it. He likes the food momma likes.
But for the cat food. Never ate that.

Five is fun. cool. Love to the babies and the little woman.

I can tell you Purina dry cat food has done something to the food.  My kitty has been on the indoor cat food for 4 years.
All of the sudden, she eats and throws up within an hour.  They say not to keep changing brands of food for cats so
I have stayed with Purina but different kinds like just regular, older cats, etc.
She could not keep any of it down,  I called the vet.  He told me to cook white rice and boneless chicken together and
then blend it.  Well that was fine until her meals started costing what mine do!!
So I am now using the brand that the
vet carries.  We are finally using Blue Buffalo and she is gaining weight back.  And has her kitten energy back!  Plays
with things again.  She is only 5. 

Strange!!!!!  And Scary!!!!!

Slick
Purina absolutely has. But first i noted it with mac and cheese in a box almost two yrs ago. when plandemic began. but i look at cheapo cheapo presents, and it is identical to purina now. and i don't trust any of them.

these are three feral cats i am feeding. and they don't wanna touch the famous brands of old.

my sister and her kids have discovered the same thing about pet food of late. and the change in taste with regular food.
God only knows what is in it.

Chicken and rice would be nice for Harry. 'But whom can afford that anymore. The shelves are empty. and watch out, slick, the oil companies have no oil to deliver. not this week at least. when the snow comes.

stay safe my friend. HUGS.

10 things you didn't know about
Kraft boxed macaroni and cheese

https://www.insider.com/things-you-didnt...ese-2020-5

The Real Reason Kraft Mac & Cheese
Doesn't Taste The Same Anymore

https://www.mashed.com/203287/the-real-r...paign=clip

Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit