Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie requirement
I am making a request to our mods that If you join .org, you must make your first post a post of introduction in the welcome thread. It's the right thing to do.

It sets the right tone.

The first thing a person does when meeting new people is to introduce themselves....can't ever go wrong with a handshake and introduction.... if your intentions are good.  Even the shy must "gut" it out on their first post and say "hi".
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
Sounds like a good idea Popster ... The only way to even get a feel of someone is through how they type and what they say ....

Why not ...
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Excellent Popster, we always want to meet new members. You don't have to post a complete bio, perhaps a hello will suffice. Will get to know you, once you start to contribute. Heart

Your Queen.

(08-23-2015, 04:55 PM)Popster Wrote: I am making a request to our mods that If you join .org, you must make your first post a post of introduction in the welcome thread. It's the right thing to do.

It sets the right tone.

The first thing a person does when meeting new people is to introduce themselves....can't ever go wrong with a handshake and introduction.... if your intentions are good.  Even the shy must "gut" it out on their first post and say "hi".
Breacher, I remember you when you joined that other place....you know, I have learned during my lifetime that "encouragement" can be THE most powerful of motivators......in all matters. People need it badly, and they remember you for it, which then makes you feel good and so the circle is complete.

(08-24-2015, 11:57 AM)Breacher Wrote: A fine suggestion Popster. Some people (I once was one) need a little push to make their first post. I started out a bit shy and low on confidence and remember a few years ago when I made my first post on the other ioplist and it seemed like a big deal at the time. I'd never been a member on a forum before but after I introduced myself in a few sentences, River and a few other kind folk welcomed me and said some nice things. One member said something so simple which was " I like your name" (I was Sprizzler back then), but it surprisingly made me feel good, comfortable and truly welcome.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
Nice post Popster, you are the wise one. Heart

" To open a shop is easy, to keep it open is an art"
Heart
Then, Grim Reaper and QueenB, please note.

Our members have spoken.

Please so kindly direct new persons to our welcome thread.

(If they don't comply, then something is fishy in denmark, so please let me or co Admin know.)

Good Idea.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

oh, breacher, u r such a good man. we love you, u know.

ah oh, its time for a group hug. (((GROUP HUG)))

I always feel that success is hindered by lack of encouragement, not lack of aptitude. It is amazing what 'ordinary' people can do when they are led to believe they are extraordinary.
~A man keeps his memories where his money once was~
My sweet Charon, hugs back at you. We'll all make sure they all feel warm and cozy here. Heart

" To open a shop is easy, to keep it open is an art"
Heart