Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dear friends
@apple. So sorry to read about your dog. I feel like when I’m going through grief I sometimes forget how many people before me have gone through the same exact thing. Even when I’m out trying to run errands I look around and try to remind myself. Everyone is going through something. My husband would love a dog that he can hike with, but I am such a city person! Sounds like you have beautiful memories. I hope that four years later the tears subside.

I’m in the school of thought that I would like another dog as soon as possible. For a while now we’ve been a family with three pets and I feel like we have a big chunk of our life missing right now. But my husband who doesn’t show any tears is not of the same opinion.

Then, again, it was me who convinced him to get a cat after he told me he was not a cat person at all That night after I went to bed, he sent me pictures of him in the cat, telling me how much he loves this cat.

We are so lucky to have animals in our life
We ARE lucky to have animals in our lives, and you are lucky to have found a person to share your life with that would send pics of him loving the kitty after you went to sleep because it was important to you. I also appreciate your thinking that everyone is going through challenges as well. I try hard to remember that.
You guys sound like ideal parents, and whenever you adopt another animal it will be the luckiest animal in a 5 state circle.
Thanks Apple your kind words really lift me up

Stay well!
Greetings! Happyvibe your husband reminds me of me. 

My other half is a crazy cat lady and she convinced me to get a cat from the rescue centre when we moved in together many years ago. I am a dog man, always found cats impossible to interact with. Was always wary of being mauled!

Anyway, my sister demands to come along so i drove us all to the cat sanctuary. We had an agreement we would get a cat that was a couple of years old. I drop them off at the entrance and go to park. 

I enter 5 minutes later to find them both in the kitten section. And that was that. 8 years later, here she is curled up on my lap. My protests at the time were hollow and deep down the little kitten won me over. Sounds like your husband was the same. Bet he likes Marmite too-a final confirmation he is pure of heart despite his steely exterior.

The MW
Sounds like a familiar story to me! I could probably even convince him to get another cat but our cat had this really rare disease called FIP that took months to cure so we are just a one cat family and will stay that way. I’ve always found cats so independent but when they give you their love, it’s like the sun shining down on you.

I Smile with the image of the cat curled next to you.
Heart crazy cat and dog lady here. My rescue group tossed me aside when i became disabled but i could still raise and tame ferals and the newborns without moms.

When the Great NY suburbs evictions were coming we found a place. And Prince Harrison is my treasure now.

He came with this house.

He knows I am sick and stay in one spot on the couch. The weasel grabs it when i go upstairs for a minutes.

But he does realize I have so missed pets. We share my couch and that cat does believe he is a Prince. He takes the entire recliner seat.

Wouldn't change it for the world.

A house is not a home if it is missing the love of a wonderful meowser or doggo.

Enjoy your babies.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

@charon. I would love to build a barn for ferals. If i ever won the lottery i know where the money would go!

Your cat sounds adorable. I love how he takes the recliner as if he is the homeowner. Cats really have such confidence.!