Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covid Queen
Touched by Covid-19

Final name of the covid group. The first in area. It is a private group and one may join. Strict rules. No discussions of causitive factors or treatments necessarily. But it was a caring group.

It is a Facebook group, btw.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I just went by the group. People are developing covid several times. Some of them. The long haulers seem to worsening.

They want serious prayer warriors there whom interact with the posters. I got to know many of them. I just dont have the emotional ability to get back to the covid forum for the repeat victims. The long haulers.

It is a forum where new posts come in by the minute. Devestating news still from many. But if one does a google or facebook search, one will see a variety of covid forums. If you would really like to join to get info.

And we can welcome the new year with a new variant - XBB.1.5 - which is more contagious and more vaccine resistant. Already 40% of US cases. Sigh.
sighs, also.

(12-31-2022, 04:25 AM)Analin Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 04:00 PM)Charon Wrote: I used to live in the area of NY suburbs where covid first reared its ugly head.

i prayed and read at two covid forums nonstop for 2 1/2 yrs.

I still get feedback on them. 

I do read some people are re-aquiring this illness. Dunno know for certain, but rumor is that type O blood resists the illness best. But I have so many autoimmunes, I have not left my home since the Covid began. Just to move a few counties up.

I have a houseshare whom worked every day at his own shop and he never got it either.

I am so sorry for you both. Thrice?? If I can, I might check around with searches and see how many are reporting to get covid three times.
I am so sorry for you both. Father God in Jesus precious name, I ask that you heal both these members. And Lord God, I really ask that you remove all potential harm from their bodies. And that you Personally protect these precious people from acquiring this vicious virus again. In Jesus name I pray.
But whether it is stress or that this thing is everywhere but houseshare and i both have felt awful but that is stress related bringing out prior physical problems to the forefront.

Hang in there. I am so sorry.

For your research:  Officially had it twice.  Third may have been a false positive but ill never tell!!.  Blood typeB+, all vaxes and boosters (bivalent too), healthcare worker, & paxovid is a godsend.  After this drug...A couple light symptoms left in 2 days of pills like dizziness, forgetfulness, short temper, no appetite, etc.  so, paxlovid is a YES,  I thought of going to the ER earlier bc I couldn't breathe regular and now I'm fine. Air everywhere.

(12-31-2022, 04:25 AM)Analin Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 04:00 PM)Charon Wrote: I used to live in the area of NY suburbs where covid first reared its ugly head.

i prayed and read at two covid forums nonstop for 2 1/2 yrs.

I still get feedback on them. 

I do read some people are re-aquiring this illness. Dunno know for certain, but rumor is that type O blood resists the illness best. But I have so many autoimmunes, I have not left my home since the Covid began. Just to move a few counties up.

I have a houseshare whom worked every day at his own shop and he never got it either.

I am so sorry for you both. Thrice?? If I can, I might check around with searches and see how many are reporting to get covid three times.
I am so sorry for you both. Father God in Jesus precious name, I ask that you heal both these members. And Lord God, I really ask that you remove all potential harm from their bodies. And that you Personally protect these precious people from acquiring this vicious virus again. In Jesus name I pray.
But whether it is stress or that this thing is everywhere but houseshare and i both have felt awful but that is stress related bringing out prior physical problems to the forefront.

Hang in there. I am so sorry.

For your research:  Officially had it twice.  Third may have been a false positive but ill never tell!!.  Blood typeB+, all vaxes and boosters (bivalent too), healthcare worker, & paxovid is a godsend.  After this drug...A couple light symptoms left in 2 days of pills like dizziness, forgetfulness, short temper, no appetite, etc.  so, paxlovid is a YES,  I thought of going to the ER earlier bc I couldn't breathe regular and now I'm fine. Air everywhere.

I would like to be part of a covid form if possible

(12-30-2022, 01:59 PM)Apple Wrote: I have a close friend who has been diagnosed twice with both the original strain maybe and Delta. She complains that her energy levels have never returned from pre covid,  and she also just wants to get back to normal.She also had all shots and boostersI before getting the virus. I had it 3 times, but had already had Covid when the vaccines came out, so I passed on the reason of natural immunity and lost my job. Obviously my decision did not work out as planned, but each subsequent case was much milder.
I think everyone reacts differently to the virus and don't be ashamed of being sick.

If in the middle of this you took a mental health break, I'm sure you needed it.

If your job is getting tired of this and you tested positive, they can change their COVID policies. Must of us want to do well and I hope some of the negative feelings you think they are having about you is you internalizing, I have been known to do that.
Forgive my long post, it sounds like this is a bad time for you, you don't seem crazy or lazy, and this is not something that is your fault.

So you did have it 3 timers.  I'm trying to get paid as well but nervous they'll say I'm faking or need proof.  they were home tests.  if they don't pay me ill survive.  Holiday weekend no work anyway.

(12-30-2022, 09:08 PM)barq- Wrote: I know teachers who've had COVID multiple times. I had it twice (for certain), maybe more. But the fatigue afterwards was astonishing, and and shortness of breath. More recently I picked up another virus, COVID symptoms but the tests said I was clear, so maybe it was 'flu followed by a chest infection. Ended up on oxygen in hospital for 36hrs because I just couldn't breathe. Luckily I was well and virus free in time to celebrate Christmas. My guardian angel is working overtime at the moment! ;-)

Seriously though, I know people who got COVID very early on and they still have long COVID / post COVID syndrome. One was kept on sick pay by his employer and they tried everything to get him back to work, but he just couldn't do his job any more. He lost his job and although they gave him quite a generous lump sum payment in severence, that money is gone now. He wants to work but is stuck on government disability payments (which anyone in the UK knows are really mean, barely enough to live).

Thanks for your input.  My first round of covid was may 2022, and it was a very mild cold and light fatigue.  This time I woke up painfully shivering cold w fever. Aggressive symptoms yesterday, now today on pax, feel good just short of breath here & there. 

I didn't realize you were in UK.  Are there assistance programs for covid sufferers over there?

(12-30-2022, 01:59 PM)Apple Wrote: I have a close friend who has been diagnosed twice with both the original strain maybe and Delta. She complains that her energy levels have never returned from pre covid,  and she also just wants to get back to normal.She also had all shots and boostersI before getting the virus. I had it 3 times, but had already had Covid when the vaccines came out, so I passed on the reason of natural immunity and lost my job. Obviously my decision did not work out as planned, but each subsequent case was much milder.
I think everyone reacts differently to the virus and don't be ashamed of being sick.

If in the middle of this you took a mental health break, I'm sure you needed it.

If your job is getting tired of this and you tested positive, they can change their COVID policies. Must of us want to do well and I hope some of the negative feelings you think they are having about you is you internalizing, I have been known to do that.
Forgive my long post, it sounds like this is a bad time for you, you don't seem crazy or lazy, and this is not something that is your fault.

Thanks Apple for your response.  Especially when you said I probably needed it.  So true.i did need a break!!

We all need a break, especially now.  I was hospitalized once for covidt but not for breathing, it was gastro stuff.  I may go to the ER tomorrow if this cough doesn't subside.  It makes it so I can't catch my breath.  Truth be told, I don't wanna be drug tested.  IDK if they'd do that but they *may* be something in my system that's not on my rx list.  I worry about everything.  I have an inhaler from bronchitis a few years ago.  It could help.   If I can home remedy this, that's the goal.  

Apple, you are absolutely correct. My office is in the midst of moving to a new location and our first day is Tuesday.  I cannot be absent for this so I'm going to get better come hell or high water!

(12-31-2022, 02:51 PM)Charon Wrote: Touched by Covid-19

Final name of the covid group. The first in area. It is a private group and one may join. Strict rules. No discussions of causitive factors or treatments necessarily. But it was a caring group.

It is a Facebook group, btw.

sounds great however FB is bad for my mental health so I've deactivated a couple years ago.  Is this group still active?
Analin, take care of yourself first and this is no time to play with respiratory issues. F@ck the drug test, they cost money and as someone who has been blood tested in hospitals dozens of times, nobody mentioned drugs, ever. I'm pretty sure it's a different screen with an additional charge. 

Let's say that somehow, for coughing and shortness of breath they ran a drug panel on you. Would your work find out, or would embarrassment be the issue, or both?. You could always claim ADA and usually not lose your job, but rehab might be a possibility.
We let people smoke fent pills on the street in most large cities now for heaven's sake!

Please wake up today feeling better and breathing easier. If not, please go to a professional. If this somehow blows up in your face, I give you my word I'll do everything in my power to help you deal with the consequences, I am serious and I don't offer this ever, but, to me it seems like a foolish reason to possibly get worse, physically and emotionally. I say this out of care and not to make you feel bad. Everyone on this forum has worried about a pee test at some point, so you're not alone in those thoughts.
Woke up today , my head was splitting , I took a Covid test ...positive .  :-(   and i have had 3 shots and the bi booster ..

Go figure ?????
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Good luck for a speedy recovery Nobleone.
The shots clearly aren’t a magic bullet but they may have kept you out of the hospital.
Take care!