Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Years /resolutions
Now I never made any. Was not my thing. I went out once on New Years and discovered at midnight all old boyfriends showed up at the bar/restaurant with baseball bats to beat up new boyfriends. As I was high tailing it outta there, i noticed many a man stood right near two fighting, and, if he got hit, HE WAS IN THE FIGHT!!

But I always plan on managing my welfare.

No specific resolution. I guess: Never give up. No matter what you face.

So, anyone making actual resolutions?

Or is that tradition now just Old School and not done?

Just asking...

HAPPY NEW YEARS ALMOST. ALMOST.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

alleged to be a free new years eve movie. just sayin...

I would like to make the resolution as old as time: Lose weight
(12-31-2022, 05:31 AM)Analin Wrote: I would like to make the resolution as old as time:  Lose weight

That's a bit similar to mine... I'm doing a dry January i.e. no alcohol, so that means fewer calories (as long as I don't compensate with chocolate!). Actually, I've already started... my brother is also doing dry Jan, but he's drinking tonight for NYE. i've been ill with a chest infection so being careful and having a quiet night at home with no alcohol. So I'll be ahead of him Wink

Good luck to all those planning to do something for 2023!
Good luck with everyones resolutions. Mine is also to lose weight. I was on such a roll for the past few months but losing my dog really set me back.

Tomorrow im back on the bike even if its just 15 mins to start!
I know how much losing a dog hurts, believe me. The fact that you have a bike is awesome, and as someone who has to make myself work out daily for my health, you have the right attitude. Just ride every day. Even for 2 min just so you can say you did it. But you will feel better physically and emotionally, and I know you know this already. I used to only allow myself to listen to my favorite podcasts if I was working out, even just a long walk. It helped me to associate a reward with the task. I learned this by training my dogs over the years, lol.

I am learning Spanish and I'm looking at immersion programs in Costa Rica, and I'll be 59 this spring. That is my resolution 2023.
@apple that is such fantastic resolution. You are challenging your mind by learning, a new language and then rewarding yourself. By getting to visit such a cool place like Costa Rica. I really love that idea.

I agree just 15 minutes on the bike feels much better than sitting on the couch for two hours which trust me I’ve done a lot of. My doctor really keeps encouraging me that cardio is the best anti-depressant out there. It’s just getting off my butt and on the bike lol.
(12-31-2022, 09:15 PM)happyvibe Wrote: I agree just 15 minutes on the bike feels much better than sitting on the couch for two hours which trust me I’ve done a lot of. My doctor really keeps encouraging me that  cardio is the best anti-depressant out there.  It’s just getting off my butt and on the bike lol.

You are so right about a quick bike ride. I used to be into mountain biking and sometimes when the weather was terrible it was so tempting to stay at home. But I always came back glad I'd made the effort.

Can't ride now because of where I live, but I'm gonna do a 15 min walk instead. I walk fast, so that's gonna be about a mile.

This thread is really inspirational.
Walking is wonderful exercise! Do you keep track of your steps? I have some days I’m really terrible but recently I started volunteering at a senior living center serving breakfast and I get about 9000 steps in which is about 8500 more steps that I do on a normal day!