Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sinead O'Connor dead at 56
Acclaimed Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor, known for hits such as “Nothing Compares 2 U” and for shredding a photo of the pope while hosting “Saturday Night Live,” has died.

She was 56.

Singer Sinead O'Connor attends the Giorgio Armani & Cinema Society screening of "Albert Nobbs" at the Museum of Modern Art on December 13, 2011 in New York City.
Singer Sinead O'Connor attends the Giorgio Armani & Cinema Society screening of "Albert Nobbs" at the Museum of Modern Art on December 13, 2011 in New York City. (Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)
A cause of death was not given. The singer had lost her son, Shane, to suicide in January 2022, after which she was briefly hospitalized.

Back in 1990, her famed cover of Prince’s “Nothing Compares 2 U” was named the number one world single at the Billboard Music Awards. During a decades-long career, the Dublin-based singer released 10 studio albums.

Earlier this year she received a standing ovation at the RTÉ Choice Music Awards in receiving the first-ever award for Classic Irish Album, according to The Irish Times, which first reported her death.

She dedicated the award, for “I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got,” to “each and every member of Ireland’s refugee community,” The Irish Times noted.

Sinead O'Connor tears up a photo of Pope John Paul II on Oct. 5,1992 during a live appearance in New York on NBC's Saturday Night Live.
Sinead O'Connor tears up a photo of Pope John Paul II on Oct. 5,1992 during a live appearance in New York on NBC's Saturday Night Live. (NBC)
In October 1992 O’Connor notoriously tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II during a 1992 appearance on “Saturday Night Live,” calling it a protest against widespread allegations of child abuse in the Catholic Church — presaging the public revelations by about a decade.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

very sad
Sinéad O'Connor's last post on social media gave fans insight into her emotional struggles since her son Shane died by suicide at 17 in 2022. In a tweet on July 17 from a now-deleted Twitter account she started, O'Connor — who died aged 56 on Wednesday — wrote, "Been living as undead night creature since.3 hours ago
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Shuhada' Sadaqat

(previously Magda Davitt; born Sinéad
Marie Bernadette O'Connor; 8 December 1966)

known professionally as Sinéad O'Connor

[Image: Psfpsvr.jpg]

Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I pray she is reunited with her son. She went through a lot of public ridicule takes a lot out of a person. I hope she’s at peace now.