Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
if your package from amazon arrives next door
I put up another's post. This aint about me.

Amazon mistakenly left my package on my neighbor’s doorstep so I retrieved it. My neighbor is now accusing me of stealing because she saw me on her Ring doorbell and says she never received her Amazon item. How can I prove I didn’t steal her package?
I work for a postal administration where this happens and the number of people that ask me if they should just go retrieve it or if we could go get it back for them is unbelievable. Unfortunately with us there’s no photos taken and I advise customers to call the seller for next steps rather than confronting neighbors or going to recover their own package. And this is exactly why. Even though it’s your package the approach here should’ve been different. Rather than taking the package it would’ve been best to just quickly knock on her door and say hey sorry Amazon delivered my package to your address just here to pick it up. She would’ve seen the label and that’s it done deal. You do have a photo with Amazon if you go to your account and your orders so you can prove yours was delivered there but sometimes they only take a photo of half the door not the number. Sometimes they don’t even show the label in the photo. What can be done now is she can check her orders to see where hers was delivered and if she doesn’t have it she can contact Amazon. They can provide a refund or reship the item.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

We kept getting HUGE items for a neighbor we don’t particularly like. Rugs, furniture …big boxes . My husband puts them in the back of his pick up and takes them and leaves them at her door. She’s kind of nuts and I keep praying he doesn’t get shot!
Well for the rich they sing. (old Irish saying: the rest of us get the birds to shit upon us)

Wouldn't it be nice to afford some little items like food now?

Your husband is being wonderful. Nice to hear from you spiderbyte.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Usually they will send a picture of the package after it was delivered, but agree to knock first. Why is everyone such a pain!
Take a photo of their house with the package as is. Take photos of their house number and then your package, and then closer up take a picture of your package label. The neighbor could, of course, say that you put a package of yours on their porch for the photo, and kept theirs. But it’s better than nothing!