Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
messiest divorces
Lawyers Reveal the Messiest Divorces They've Ever Seen
By Moneywise | Oct 31 2022
divorce
Not every marriage is a match made in heaven. In fact, it's widely acknowledged that 40% to 50% of marriages in the U.S. end in divorce.

Divorce battles can get ugly, petty and messy, especially when large sums of money, children or properties are involved — with lawyers, accountants, friends and family there to watch the foundations crumble into dust.

Here, Reddit commenters talk about some of the most outrageous divorces they've ever seen --- and it isn't pretty.

Comments have been edited for length and clarity.

Lost the wife, won the lottery
divorce fighting over money
Not a lawyer, but my husband's uncle (they're close to the same age) was going through a divorce. It was messy and he got completely blindsided, but it’s still kind of a funny story.

Anyway, his wife had just packed up her stuff and their kids and moved out one day while he was at work. With no warning — she was just gone.

It came to light that a few weeks before she left, she'd won a “$5,000 per week for life” lottery ticket.

She hid it, and thought she could divorce him without splitting her winnings.

That didn't work out very well for her.

| jader88

2024 Coachella Lineup Announced, No Doubt to Reunite
Keep Watching
'Stranger Things' Star Says His Opinion on Israel-Hamas War Has Been 'Misconstrued'
00:00/01:30

Skip Ad

Fur babies
Young couple snuggling with small dog in bed
I was in a mediation where it took the couple an hour and a half to split their personal property, retirement accounts, real property and custody of their six month old son.

The rest of the day, about four hours, was spent arguing about how to split the time with the dog.

For the kid they just put "as agreed upon by the parties" but the dog had a strict calendar working out holidays and strict pickup/drop off times.

I was ashamed to be a part of that unbelievable display.

| FattyBinz

You trash is my treat
Young woman with coffee drink
Shutterstock / Michaelpuche
I got my friend a job at the coffee shop I work at, and this was maybe his third day. We had a huge morning rush and it can get quite chaotic.

Especially when you are training a new person.

This one woman had ordered a Chiller (blended sugary coffee, like a frappe) and the newbie was trying hard to make it correctly. She started yelling at him, and overall giving him a hard time.

I was getting frustrated and I asked her to please stop raising her voice. Karen was mad. Karen switched to Pro Karen. She looked at me and said "HE'S NOT EVEN DOING IT RIGHT!

HE'S NOT MAKING IT THE WAY THAT I LIKE IT!"

I wanted to laugh at this animal face, but I instead calmly explained that he is new. "WELL HELP HIM THEN, MY GOD!"

You would think that her frantic yelling would help make it faster. I excused myself from the register for a moment, which the person in line could understand as he was giving Karen weird looks.

I approached the angry Karen and asked her to leave. She kept yelling at me, spouting insults, and saying I should be fired.

I tried to give her a refund but Karen didn't want it. She stormed out and left a nasty review on our site. On top of that, I drank her chiller afterwards, and it was pretty good

| Anonymous

Safety first, sorry Karen
Lifeguard by pool
Shutterstock / Byron W.Moore
[A Karen] emailed and called my boss to try to get me fired because her “kids weren’t having fun at the pool and that’s my whole job.”

Nope, no that’s not my job. As a lifeguard my job is not to make sure your kids have fun, it's to make sure your 15-year-old boys who are breaking every rule we have don’t get seriously injured when they are doing the externally dumb stuff they are doing.

My boss had my back but it was crazy to think that enforcing a few of the normal rules was enough for her to want to get me fired. And I’m talking super normal pool rules that I had to repeat a million times for everyone else and on two separate occasions people tried to go over my head and get me fired.

| •usernamessuxx*

You've reached the end. Thank you for reading.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel