Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Benzodiazepine Withdrawal support
Damn I need the liquid Diaz to help me off alcohol, I will have to look into that
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
My oh my....it's been two months now since I went in CT off diazepam and soma. This has been the worse thing that I have ever gone thru, but I believe the worse times are behind now. Thank you all for your support. Feeling much, much better. Anxiety attacks were the pits.  S Smile
Yes FishFarmer, i was referring to Oral Suspension Liquid, not amps. The reason i mentioned it is you can dose all the way down to a half mg or less with accuracy as opposed to breaking pills. 2 mg pills are hard enough to find and even then you'd still be breaking it in quarters. But sadly I havent seen the oral liquid in a while.

MadHatter - as FF said, pills are just fine for alcohol issues. Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) is also another highly used med in rehab centers for alcohol wd.

Scorpigoh - Congrats on making it through! Thats fantastic. Sorry you had to go thru the horrors though. I haven't got it in me to ct from diaz yet. I'll taper as much as possible for as long as it takes. But thats amazing, just keep that positive attitude, the better times are ahead Smile
Den
(03-26-2017, 11:23 PM)scorpigoh Wrote: My oh my....it's been two months now since I went in CT off diazepam and soma. This has been the worse thing that I have ever gone thru, but I believe the worse times are behind now. Thank you all for your support. Feeling much, much better. Anxiety attacks were the pits.  S Smile

That's awesome, well done.
Do you mind if I ask how much you were on, per day?
(03-26-2017, 11:23 PM)scorpigoh Wrote: My oh my....it's been two months now since I went in CT off diazepam and soma. This has been the worse thing that I have ever gone thru, but I believe the worse times are behind now. Thank you all for your support. Feeling much, much better. Anxiety attacks were the pits.  S Smile
Congrats to you, that is an amazing feat! I went CT off 20 mg of diaz, and it was literally the hardest thing I had ever been through. There were nights that I did not want to wake up in the morning... not like I could sleep anyways Smile. Two months was definitely when I turned the corner. You got this!
Thank you all for the advice! Smile I may try some diaz and put down the beer when my short acting benzo wears off < sorry for being of topic >
I'd be careful with beer--it operates on the GABA receptors (which are the ones affected by benzos) and from what I understand, drinking alcohol can interfere with their ability to regenerate themselves. Obviously from the terminology, I'm no MD Smile, but I did quite a bit of research when I went off them.
I believe MadHatter was referring to ceasing alcohol use. Diaz and Librium are the 2 most commonly used meds to treat alcohol wd symptoms such as tremors and others symptoms. My brother was given Librium for acute alcohol wd and he was just fine. Heck he was better than fine lol he rather enjoyed himself...
Yes I was referring to cease alcohol use , diaz helps me a lot ,
(03-28-2017, 09:25 PM)themadhatter420 Wrote: Yes I was referring to cease alcohol use , diaz helps me a lot ,

So sorry, read it wrong.