Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anxiety and Caffeine
Steve, I only use caffeine when it is a safety issue, like making a very long drive and I need to stay awake at the wheel. I'm going to try adding propranolol on my next mega drive to New Mexico in July. It has been suggested that it can mitigate some of the negative side effects. My preferred method for a pick me up is Kr@tom and Nootropics. Maybe I'll conduct a test going each way. If I get some useful results, I'll share with the forum.
I LOVE coffee, but YES! 100%, I feel more anxiety and my heart rate increases. Feel like I'm gunna have a heart attack (kidding). But it can be tough when you want that good 'ol caffeine and you know what coming if you drink it. Nicotine also increases my heart rate.
Green tea citrus works for me as it has just a little lower caffeine amount than some others.
I haven't drank coffee in about six months and it has really changed my life and lessened my anxiety. I still enjoy an occassional green tea but there's something about the composition of coffee that really doesn't agree with me . Also hearing it takes two days for a cup to fully leave your body changed . One cup and anxiety for two days just aint worth it, though it's more of a personal thing. Though the smell is nostalgic as anything.
Havent had a coffee in 3 days (on purpose) im trying to quit

Honestly I feel like im losing it!!

I really need some advice on getting through those first dew days-first weeks without it.

Ive been drinking coffee heavily for a decade and dont know how to cope Sad

this is so much more of a struggle than I expected!!
Code:
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."
I'm in the same boat guys, I used to drink like 6 cups of the smooth Columbian brew a day.
Now when when my partner brews it in the morning and I smell it I get the urge, but I know I will be wiped out with anxiety, adrenaline for the rest of the day.
So I stick to chamomile which is nice and relaxing- Highly recommened.
Or if I am feeling a little pick me up i've started to be able to tolerate a little caffeine. By dipping a green tea bag for 10sec

We will eventually be able to drink coffee again, just got to get back to it slowly and not jump in the deep end and go to Starbucks and order a Grande Americano.

I don't endorse this, but sometimes if I am craving a nice coffee and I just cant resist a small amount of b3nzo usually counteracts the jitters. But not something to get used too!

Thanks QF
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
I go through ups and downs on caffeine tolerance. Not sure why. Definitely addicted because if I try to skip a day I get headaches and irritability. Going to try every other day for awhile if I am brave enough!
(11-09-2018, 04:55 PM)ghostofjack Wrote: I go through ups and downs on caffeine tolerance. Not sure why. Definitely addicted because if I try to skip a day I get headaches and irritability. Going to try every other day for awhile if I am brave enough!

Caffeine withdrawal is natural and should be treated like any other “drug”. A slow taper. I really think you’re on the right track.
I do find that coffee affects my anxiety. I slowly tapered off and replaced my morning coffee with decaf. I still miss the
slight bump in the morning but I'm working through it.
If you are prone to anxiety caf drinks will make your anxiety worse for sure