Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Diazepam or Lorazepam?
(10-04-2018, 02:14 PM)Salty Wrote: I can't tell any difference between a 1mg Loraz and a 2 mg valium. To be honest, I can barely tell I've taken anything. My family doctor had me on Valium but when I went to the psychiatrist he switched me to Lorazepam. Said the half life was much shorter which he thought was better for me overall. I've heard varying opinions on that. He doesn't know about my chronic back pain, so he's just treating depression I guess. That dosage is not nearly enough, but I've had to make it work...until this site. I'm giving up on going through the same long history with doctor after doctor with no results. I don't know why my doctor knowing my chronic pain issues, pks being discontinued and bi-polar/depression haven't prescribed a higher dose, but he hasn't. It really pisses me off because it's like he doesn't take me seriously. I remember I told him once, "what do I have to do to get someone to understand the issues I'm trying to deal with...hurt myself?" He just ignored me, but that's honestly the way I've felt. I've been prescribed Trileptal, Topamax, Depakote... Didn't see much if any change with those. I think relief from my back pain would take care a lot of my depression issues. I think those arise from my constant battle with lower back pain.

Oh geez this from 5 years ago ,I not read it all ,,but  I dont do drugs ,but have had valium a few times ,just puts me a deep sleep 
Ativan (lorazepam).  Is what would give at hospital or serax because  both dont hurt your liver.    Anyway  I just drink too much  sometimes  ,   I feel  for you ..oh I glad I dont need meds but wanna help anyone thats hurting Aloha
valium also helps one's back. and neck issues. from breaks in your past.

I never drank and I Pray that is safer for you.

God help us all.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(10-02-2018, 05:07 AM)Salty Wrote: My Dr. has me on Lorazepam... says the half life is much shorter which makes it much better than Diaz. Anyone have any experience or thoughts? lorazapam is personally my least favorite benzo. I dont get much benefit from it like I do valium/xanax/ klonopin etc. I ended up needeing to take far more to notice any benefit which was never the case w any of the mentioned above.
anyone tried r3st0ril? I find it works best