Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Diazepam or Lorazepam?
Good feed back Footballking
This is a good thread, even though I have zeroed in on br0mazepam. The anxiolytic properties is what won me over. I don't need euphoria or something that makes me drowsy, just the feeling of normalcy in a social situations. It seems like @tivan has some of these same qualities. Have tried it in the past and felt nothing, maybe that was good and I just didn't realize it or maybe it was not the real thing. That said, I have had v@ls in my toolbox, and use it sometimes for back pain, joint pain and occasional insomnia. For many of us, we need more than one b for different situations and MAYBE to help keep the buildup of tolerance down. No doc would ever script multiple b's like this and it's so sad we need to be our own doc/advocate.
(01-24-2019, 05:30 PM)MoJim Wrote: This is a good thread, even though I have zeroed in on br0mazepam. The anxiolytic properties is what won me over. I don't need euphoria or something that makes me drowsy, just the feeling of normalcy in a social situations. It seems like @tivan has some of these same qualities. Have tried it in the past and felt nothing, maybe that was good and I just didn't realize it or maybe it was not the real thing. That said, I have had v@ls in my toolbox, and use it sometimes for back pain, joint pain and occasional insomnia. For many of us, we need more than one b for different situations and MAYBE to help keep the buildup of tolerance down. No doc would ever script multiple b's like this and it's so sad we need to be our own doc/advocate.

I always thought @tivan was very short term and typically used for panic attacks or sudden onset anxiety..?
(01-13-2019, 05:10 PM)MrFussbudget Wrote: Question: has anyone used val for sleep?  If so, what dosage do you recommend?

Slippery slope using benzos for sleep though. Have you tried other options like melatonin?
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if you don't go to the doctor for regular checkups, you're bananas. 
(01-28-2019, 03:36 AM)Woodhouse Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 05:10 PM)MrFussbudget Wrote: Question: has anyone used val for sleep?  If so, what dosage do you recommend?

Slippery slope using benzos for sleep though. Have you tried other options like melatonin?

Agree 100% Woodhouse.  Please check out the insomnia thread—lots of great natural remedies.  I like valerian root extract, self-hypnosis, and lavender pillow spray.  I have to be really desperate to take a Benzo for sleep.
Faith and fear can not coexist  Angel
I wouldn’t Take benzo for sleep either. That’s a slippery slope for sure
The D's make me sleep longer than with L's  -just my 2 cent-
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
(01-28-2019, 01:46 AM)FootballKing Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 05:30 PM)MoJim Wrote: This is a good thread, even though I have zeroed in on br0mazepam. The anxiolytic properties is what won me over. I don't need euphoria or something that makes me drowsy, just the feeling of normalcy in a social situations. It seems like @tivan has some of these same qualities. Have tried it in the past and felt nothing, maybe that was good and I just didn't realize it or maybe it was not the real thing. That said, I have had v@ls in my toolbox, and use it sometimes for back pain, joint pain and occasional insomnia. For many of us, we need more than one b for different situations and MAYBE to help keep the buildup of tolerance down. No doc would ever script multiple b's like this and it's so sad we need to be our own doc/advocate.

I always thought @tivan was very short term and typically used for panic attacks or sudden onset anxiety..?

I believe your right FK, though there seems to be different opinions on all of these b's. Some say it has a half life between an alp and val or it put you to sleep. As far as stronger b's to stay away from, you can always adjust your dose. It does seem to be a goldilocks b, with a medium half life, good for panic attacks, good anxiolytic properties, though it is listed as sedative on some med sites. Like all b's it can be very addictIve. I think it would be useful on an occasional basis for panic attacks. The three types of effects are anxiolytic, hypnotic and sedative. Since I'm only interested in anxiolytics, I avoid the sleep inducing qualities of others.  Everyone's body chemistry is different and can affect people differently. The only way to know is to sample it, safely. Hope this helps.
(01-28-2019, 03:36 AM)Woodhouse Wrote:

This is good feedback.  Can make your ability to sleep dependent on the benzo you are using. 

Melatonin is good.  I find that many people with sleep issues are magnesium deficient.  Get yourself a magnesium supplement and take daily.  Make sure it is all natural, not artificial (just ask an employee and a supplement store for advice).  I recommend a potassium-magnesium supp. 

Also, "CALM" works very well.  You can drink it before bed or drink it if you wake up in the middle of the night.
Benzos for sleep is defo a slibbery slob. But if you have to and it’s just for sleep I think Lorax has a shorter duration, so if it’s just for sleep that’s what ad use. But diazepam is better all round imo.