Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
**** P.S.A. ****
(05-04-2020, 08:22 PM)Charon Wrote: Please read this all members of this forum.  It is affecting some vendors already.

This is quite serious.
Thank you so much!
(05-12-2020, 04:42 PM)slipmat Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 07:10 PM)slipmat Wrote: I have just lost 300e using a vendor I have always trusted, I dont know who to trust now. Bad times
Just an update on my being scammed, which makes me furious at this moment and I hope no one else gets hit with this one. 

Mine was an email address that I had been using from for many years (respectable). I approached the same email friend for the same magazines. However, the money was taken with a confirmation one week later that it would be sent. 

Then after requesting how long, My reputable friend said sorry that his email has been taken over.... along with my funds for my magazines! No warning prior that the email had been taken and exploited, even though I was told this was common knowledge it was taken prior ( Well thanks for telling me Mr vendor, I must have been overlooked) I am not a happy bunny  Sad
I am newbie and maybe that is why I am confused. 
you used an old email and communicate with vendor. Sent funds via same way as in the past? Then used same email about how long and that is when vendor said email was taken? How did original vendor get the email about ETA and not about funds?
(05-13-2020, 02:10 PM)Okokok Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 04:42 PM)slipmat Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 07:10 PM)slipmat Wrote: I have just lost 300e using a vendor I have always trusted, I dont know who to trust now. Bad times
Just an update on my being scammed, which makes me furious at this moment and I hope no one else gets hit with this one. 

Mine was an email address that I had been using from for many years (respectable). I approached the same email friend for the same magazines. However, the money was taken with a confirmation one week later that it would be sent. 

Then after requesting how long, My reputable friend said sorry that his email has been taken over.... along with my funds for my magazines! No warning prior that the email had been taken and exploited, even though I was told this was common knowledge it was taken prior ( Well thanks for telling me Mr vendor, I must have been overlooked) I am not a happy bunny  Sad
I am newbie and maybe that is why I am confused. 
you used an old email and communicate with vendor. Sent funds via same way as in the past? Then used same email about how long and that is when vendor said email was taken? How did original vendor get the email about ETA and not about funds?

Yes, I'm confused about this as well. Slipmat, can you clarify what exactly happened?
***** UPDATE *****

::: Just rec'd another msg from a vendor :::

Quote:Good morning.
I got a fake email from a proton account.
Titled your fedex package has been delivered.
I scrolled over the address and it wasn't from fedex.
Only got this message here and not at my other emails.
I don't know if it's a lucky guess about fedex or what.
I didn't open it and deleted it. I don't know how they got my IOP email address.

These scammers caused a lot of trouble at *** (another site).

Please be extra careful as these scammers KNOW the world is on
a "time out" and most folks are home and on their Comps...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I hate scammers - pure scum. All I’m looking for is a real US vendor because I have real medical needs that needs to be refilled each month. Now all of my vendors are gone and I had to close my proton account because they used a grnail.com email address instead of gmail.com. It matches my vendors first part of the email, but just ended as blahblah@grnail.com. Hope that makes sense. And btw, Thank you for the heads up regarding the lockandload scam. Darn scammers ugh. And get this, I don’t use cash app and someone has been making around 4-5 transactions a week of $15 to $30 totaling anywhere between $100-$150. I changed card numbers and it’s still happening with the new card. So I called fraud and ordered another card. Usually happens every Monday, I’ll check and see if it happened again after I get my new card. The bank is returning the funds and investigated and found me to be not at fault. Point being, this COVID twilight zone is coming to an end soon, I feel it.

A Great Mind and a Good Heart and Soul Will Always Prevail and Rule Over The Rumors Fakery and Bullsh@t That You Go Through.
I put in an order from a vendor (not listed here) & as soon as I placed it, my phone rang claiming to be them.. I truly wasn't sure. Was it them or a scammer? I hung up.. Read their site MORE thoroughly & it stated that they were being hacked & whatever you DON'T DO is fill out the phone number portion with ur real number, put like 123456789. Felt like a chump! But nothing bad happened & learned my lesson.
(06-07-2020, 09:48 PM)slipmat Wrote: Hi, sorry late reply, my computer would not let me sign in to this site, then today it decided to auto sign me in (so I am back!)

The vendor I had been using had three emails, I had been using primarily one of the emails for a magazine subscription for over 10 years.
Using his/her trusted email I was able to send the full funds using one of the methods I had used before.
I sent the funds, I asked the vendor 4 days later about the magazine. The worst bit was the Vendor replied it would take 5/7 days. This email was still in use.

I had a change of tone and situation next time I emailed the vendor on a few of the emails. "The money had gone and I have been scammed"
I was even told to come here to see the information.

My problem is why as a long term customer of his magazines did I not get a warning that the email was compromised and that I should use another of the emails.

This has left me very bitter, I am not even sure who to trust in this one. Vendor/Scammers who knows who took my funds in the middle of the COVID epidemic
Thanks for the update. I would be bitter too.

Im so sorry to hear that... I think a lot of us have lost out at one point or another, maybe not with a trustful vendor though. I really hope that vendor is not on here, if that’s the case please leave a review so we know. On bright side, there are many thrust worthy people on here who will hopefully earn your trust again. I’ve been there few times myself, nothing can usually do but take the loss and try to move on. 
Karma will come around to whoever it was; I do believe in that. Stay strong friend.
~~Patience is the gateway to success~~
Thats all i'd need right now to push me over the edge. Thanks for the warning
Bad enough whats going on in these times, and of course scammers are out here trying to take advantage. Thanks for the warning