Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Intro
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well tonight.  Have been a lurker as a guest for a while and figured now was as good a time as ever to get involved.
Long time athlete, but my back took a turn for the worse about 2.5 years ago.  
First surgery October 2014 with the most recent being in December m.

Had a diskectomy in 2014 and a spinal fusion 2 months ago.  
I have found through this entire process that pharmacies and Drs. Can look at you a certain way when filling any types of recurring pain meds.  It's really become a shame. 
Open invite to give me a shout to just bs and hope you do get to know you all better in the near future
Much appreciated.   It's one of those things that no matter where you go most Drs would rather send you away than take the liability. 
The pharmacies are just as bad. Some places where I am make you wait 3 days to fill your rx also.  Just trying to explore all my options
(02-19-2016, 07:46 AM)RS2320 Wrote: Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well tonight.  Have been a lurker as a guest for a while and figured now was as good a time as ever to get involved.

I have found through this entire process that pharmacies and Drs. Can look at you a certain way when filling any types of recurring pain meds.  It's really become a shame. 
Open invite to give me a shout to just bs and hope you do get to know you all better in the near future

Howdy RS2320,
welcome to the forum. I gave up on lurking last week. Great bunch of people here and a lot of good info for sure.
Sorry to hear what your going through with your back. There are a lot us with back injuries in here.
Seems to me the small town clinics give better care these days, and are more apt to take care of you themselves rather than send you to some crappy pain clinic.
I definitely will look forward to giving you a holler just as soon as you and I both have 50 posts, gotta have them 50 posts before we can PM, and also there is more to this forum, and the 50 posts allows us access.

Make sure you read them forum rules! This isn’t quite like a regular forum. there are rules we have to abide by to protect us all, and they are enforced.
Over all there is a bunch of great people here, I’m sure you will enjoy being here as much as we enjoy having you, any questions? Don't be shy. Best to you friend!
Welcome aboard friend... I'm sure you'll fit right in here... Hey we even have a "Virtual Coffee Shop" in the Lounge area (imagine that)...lol

Anywhoo... Have fun and it you need any help, please feel free to ask...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(02-19-2016, 08:17 AM)forme Wrote:

Howdy RS2320,
welcome to the forum. I gave up on lurking last week. Great bunch of people here and a lot of good info for sure.
Sorry to hear what your going through with your back. There are a lot us with back injuries in here.
Seems to me the small town clinics give better care these days, and are more apt to take care of you themselves rather than send you to some crappy pain clinic.
I definitely will look forward to giving you a holler just as soon as you and I both have 50 posts, gotta have them 50 posts before we can PM, and also there is more to this forum, and the 50 posts allows us access.

Make sure you read them forum rules! This isn’t quite like a regular forum. there are rules we have to abide by to protect us all, and they are enforced.
Over all there is a bunch of great people here, I’m sure you will enjoy being here as much as we enjoy having you, any questions? Don't be shy. Best to you friend!
Much appreciated sincerely.  I definitely understand the need caution and for the rules.  I need to brush up on them but as a basic rule of thumb, don't say anything that could open doors for anyone around.  Every seems real nice also.  Look forward to talking some more.
R

(02-19-2016, 08:42 AM)IceWizard Wrote: Welcome aboard friend... I'm sure you'll fit right in here... Hey we even have a "Virtual Coffee Shop" in the Lounge area (imagine that)...lol

Anywhoo... Have fun and it you need any help, please feel free to ask...

Ice

Thanks Ice.  I am taking it slowly and trying to get my legs underneath me Rt now, but will definitely take you up on the offer for help at some time in the near future. 
Again I fully admit I need to read through the rules again in detail, but could you tell me what constitutes a post for tracking purposes?   
I will look it up also but figured I would ask
Thanks
A post for "tracking" purposes is kinda like:::

Example

01 Jan Ordered
03 Jan TN rec'd ... Shipped
10 Jan Rec'd

Just the basics sayin when you ordered and how it went down from there without exposing too many details...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Much appreciated sincerely. I definitely understand the need caution and for the rules. I need to brush up on them but as a basic rule of thumb, don't say anything that could open doors for anyone around. Every seems real nice also. Look forward to talking some more.
R

I have been brushing up myself, and the forum members have been real helpful.
"Popster" has a good thread in the lounge too, "Humorous Smilies" Some pretty funny stuff in there!
Welcome RS2320! Ask if you need any help. I'm glad you joined and posted. Smile

Willie
1000 welcomes unto u, RS. May u find all u need herein.

Relax. See how we post.

You can make friends here that will last you a lifetime.

Great to have u onboard.

Have fun, too.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hey! I was a lurker guest for a while as well. I know how your feeling had my surgery in Jan of 2015 after a terrible fall at work, which removed my arm from the socket. After all the therapy and surgeries there is pain that will be forever with the extensive nerve damage. It's a tough time to be in any pain in the world! I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts as every day is a struggle. Hopefully you are finding new ways to copeSmile
~Be the Aloha you want to see in the world~