Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About tracking and signing...
Believe you me,your mail-dude knows everything.i give all my carriers very good gift$,every holiday.they all know how sick I am.i used to get all meds thru insurance,and did the mail-meds.my package would bounce around 6 states before it landed at my door.only once did my package come half opened.somebody knew what it was and took a big handful of my SKITTLES,i called bitched,complaned. NATTA! I was short and very sick that month.after that I paid for $overnite,sign only.
I wonder how much they really know or remember (or care for that matter). I'm on good terms with my regular MM and have been handed packages if I happen to be out front without any weirdness or comment, just small talk like every other time. It probably depends on who it is etc. But I've never felt like he pays any attention to what I get. It probably helps that I get more than a normal amount of packages for my business.

Another AMA I'd love to see....
I always use "tracking" (for what that's worth) so I usually know when my mags will show up and I can be here.... But since I use EM$ service, it's supposed to "update" when it passes a check point...

Now some folks say by "checking" your mag excessively, raises the old "red flag" and even though I beg to differ with their assessment, I do it differently...

01) put my TN and USPS in the search bar in g00gl3 (IE: AB123987456CD USPS)

02) then... It gives me one link, I go to it...

03) then... I sign up for the "text alerts" (it sends me a txt everytime it's scanned)

04) I also signed up for the "dashboard" as it keeps track(lol) of all your mags and allows you to "virtually sign" so they just leave it whether you're home or not...

So.. This way, I'm not constantly "checkin" my progress, it txts me... No need to check each number seperately, dashboard shows them all at once...

Just sayin....

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
That's very great information Ice. Thank you very much for outlining how you did it. After all these years, I didn't know you could get text alerts and virtually sign. I'm going to sign up for that as well. Seems like the best way to go, so you don't have to actually keep checking or worry about not being home when it comes. Thanks again friend.
Ice I had no idea you can do the dashboard. Going to sign up. Thanks for the info.
Wow virtual signing is new to me too!! That is awesome Ice, ty for that info!! That saves the hassle of waiting to sign. Woo hoo learn something new everyday!!
Thanks!!!
I just set this up. Great tip ICE
Dashboard is great,
the tracking info seems to be more current than the public website.
This is a must for anyone who sends and receives on a regular basis.
You can add a name to each tracking number to help keep track of everything.
One of the few nice things Rolleyes  I can chalk up to USPS,
cheers!
Z9
quick question, do most people use a PO or physical as the end point. Does it even matter in the long run?
(08-02-2016, 11:43 PM)Nostormos Wrote: quick question, do most people use a PO or physical as the end point. Does it even matter in the long run?

my post lets people use the office address and just add box number , Personally I use several options but both work , and honestly I don't think it matters but I hear some don't < vendors> send to PO, but I do not no of any problems at all that I have lived through   Big Grin
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !