Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
Yeah this is ridiculous. Whatever you search on Google also just happens to pop up as ads on many of the websites we visit. Might be helpful for some people. Not when I search for dickies and buy some clothes then every other site I go to has a dickies ad. Thanks I just bought some already.
(11-06-2016, 04:11 AM)mysterious503 Wrote: Yeah this is ridiculous. Whatever you search on Google also just happens to pop up as ads on many of the websites we visit. Might be helpful for some people. Not when I search for dickies and buy some clothes then every other site I go to has a dickies ad. Thanks I just bought some already.

Install uBlock and Disconnect and already Google will lose the potential of targeted advertising. Although now, they nicely, because of Snowden I guess, let you modify parameters regarding how personalized your searches are. I got into my account...which unfortunately is my youtube account since a while as everyone here must know, and then ventured away from youtube and saw how you could disable a bunch of things you couldn't before when related to search.

Basically though, doing all your searching on duckduckgo and ixquick/startpage should be enough, when I do have to use google, well, all their crap is blocked, except on the few sites that use googleapis, with NoScript I'm able to block google-analytics and a lot of other things like that from third parties, but googleapis, unless the site owner gets thrown a red dangerous page of death warning for no reason, like on some other forum I visit, it wasn't long until the site worked again (Firefox, Chromium, Chrome, Opera...all wouldn't let you in because it used googleapis and google determined it was a nefarious site when it wasn't...the site was back the next day saying "Google is retarded, news at 11" and they had removed googleapis from their toolkit and have something of their own that they fixed real fast thankfully. Now, if only more places would do that. googleapis is the only tracker one cannot entirely block because it breaks many sites using it.
(11-08-2016, 08:11 PM)jwiedenfeld Wrote: Unfortunately all traffic is collected upstream at the switch trunks in the telco CO.

Encryption or die and even then there is a faction (myself included) who isn't so sure.

I'm aware of all this. Sorry but I'm giving the average non-criminal's best way to have a non personalized virgin newly-connected internet experience.

Of course I know about the USS Jimmy Carter which is an NSA submarine which has guys going outside the sub and plugging diversion cables to underwater cables going from a country to another not part of the 14 eyes.

Of course all my internet browsing and email is encrypted. The only annoyance is, although I convinced 5 friends to do it, was to add the OTR plugin to Pidgin, so we can use our Facebook chat buddy list without logging into facebook and have 4096 bit end-to-end encryption, and if you go on Facebook and look at the apparently new messages, they show up as "encrypted session". This stuff's been around since 2011.

My main point is that some people go batshit about how self-important they are so of course the NSA/GCHQ/CSEC (Hi there!) is making a profile of them out of the practically impossible to completely decipher (in over thousands of years), they already have trouble with video chat, deciphering that is a lot of data that has to be coupled with voice data. So, use an alternative to Skype (and obviously not Yahoo Messenger or Google Hangouts), there's many out there, hell, Skype used to be just that. I remember when I used Skype back in 2000 when they were a "call anywhere in Canada and the US for free through your computer microphone and speakers to make calls.

Of course I'm aware of upstream, but as ex employees Russel Tice, Bill Binney, Kirk Wiebe, THOMAS DRAKE, Diane Roark (and I know I'm forgetting a couple here) had everything they claimed confirmed by Snowden. And it's not about national security, it's about milking the government for contracts, whether the ending product works or not is not even important, see Trailblazer, instead of the Constitution of the USA and Bill of Rights respecting work of Bill Binney in his THINTHREAD program, which was extremely efficient, did not infringe on Americans' privacy and actually worked. Trailblazer was a boondoggle and never worked, Mike Hayden is a fucking idiot (excuse my language), and I'm glad he's gone from government, his tenure in the CIA being short enough that...who am I kidding, the people are all about to riot, or were because of the NSA, but the CIA has gone back to its old tricks with Obama, there was a period from Carter to even Dubya where the CIA was limited and could not spy or propagandize in America, but propaganda was legalized in 2012, on Americans, so voice of America is directed to you as much as it is some European countries, same with REFRL.
With big brother always watcing nobody claims free or safe. Google is worst of all browsers maybe firefox is better. But Tor is far the best of all browsers and if you have VPN it is a lot better.
And our safety comes first. I have bad experience on this but I dont want to talk now about it, and I have to suggest that rules dont come out of the head of someone who wants to make life hard on members. Rules come out of experience and wisdom. Before we write something on the net lets think and be sure that what we write in privacy can be easy pray on the hands of those who spy and are against personal freedom to choose and follow our way of life. But freedom always wins at the end so lets be optimistic and fight for it. After all better live free for some time than be a slave for ever.
Just thought I'd, "reignite" this thread for any new members of the family. I cant beleave its the first time i've actually seem this thread myself, but I already knew thats how it works, I've even seen my own "screenname" come up when I've done a g00gle search!!

Perhaps the first post of this thread should be made into a, "sticky" and put up in the rules section?!

Just a thought...

Smile
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
(06-28-2017, 11:42 AM)Izzy76 Wrote: Just thought I'd, "reignite" this thread for any new members of the family. I cant beleave its the first time i've actually seem this thread myself, but I already knew thats how it works, I've even seen my own "screenname" come up when I've done a g00gle search!!

Perhaps the first post of this thread should be made into a, "sticky" and put up in the rules section?!

Just a thought...

Smile

agreed, def a mandatory rule
47           "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" - The Joker           47
There is another copy of this thread now in welcome area. As a sticky. Good idea.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

This finding of your post or screen name on Google after a search is usually the result of having a list.org forum window open at the same time of your search.

If you close any forum pages before your search...you will not see your posts or screen name.

This has been my experience/observation.

If anyone else tries this...please post your results
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
Thanks Popster...That's interesting, I guess it depends on your browser,search eng!ne+config etc(duckduckgo is a good search eng!ne for privacy), though I have a custom browser set up, using the g00gle search eng!ne within chr0me, nothing special it's just that it uses "http5://3ncrypt3d.g00gle.c0m/" at its base, and search.eng!ne/default page...

I've just given it a go now, and the same results were returned both times, with this page open and another tab open to do the search in. ...Then I tried the same, after:- closing all tabs(I logged out of here, properly first), browser was closed and restarted(I have my current br0wser setup to remove co0kies, the cache and all temporary_files every time its closed, also it does not accept 3rd party co0kies ever).

Anyhow the search only returns one result linked to our forum, its just a thread that has my, "screen-name" written within the "post text" itself, and not from a post or thread, title, subject or signatures etc.  It was actually written in the post by my own self, it's just a general question about newbie accounts, posted some time ago...

Though its not that, per se that concerned me anyhow.  It was more that G00gle/b!ng etc pick up other words+expressions that may get used on here for totally legitimate reasons("nothing untoward" is probably a better way to put it) within the actual text of threads+posts.  My own feeling is it's best to air on the side of caution, and to make our forum as "small" as possible to the internet se@ch eng!nes in respect to certain phrases and words as best we can...

Loose Lips and all that...

I'd be interested to see what data the, "W@yback M@chine" has on, "http://i0plistdot0rg"...

I just tried and it returns, " Saved 66 times between June 27, 2015 and June 8, 2017  ", for our forum alone, though I haven't looked at the actual data or content it has stored. 

Information is everything these days, and now it can make money in so many different ways, it's inevitable that data will be exploited more and more...unfortunately for everyone.
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
That is why we originally were private. We went public to bring people for our vendors. And, we had to make rules and more rules. Because the very first post by a member when we went public, was in the Who has Got it thread. It was for a med we did not want showing.

We alter rules as the need arises. But, that is why we are so darn strict about words used here. Why we speak in a cryptic fashion.

We little fish do not want to upset the powers that be, and we don't want to be large. We just need a large enough group of people for our vendors to be happy and so i no longer have to answer every post!

Gonna PM u Izzy with a quick question, if you don't mind.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel