Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcohol
I like the way this thread is evolving.
Good info from good people!
Keep it up.
Ultimately that's why we're here, this entire board is about helping one another.
Good stuff Smile
Brother, I know what cha mean ... I do love my Crown!

However, that was back in the day and me and my friends in Houston, would close the bar down Smile I always drank it straight and only sipped a bit of coke, so I never got a hangover ... But when I mixed it, WHEW!! My old head would absolutely split in the AM ....

I reckon the older I got, the less the whole being drunk stuff lost it's appeal to me .... I usually never got violent, only when others insisted on pushing the right sequence of buttons on my pi$$ed off meter Smile

As a matter-0-fact, I still have a 5th of Crown (special reserve) in the cabinet (there was 2 Smile ) been there almost 5 years now... Maybe one day I'll knock it out as the last one I finished on a New Years night... In my defense, no one would drink it with me, so I felt obligated to finish it off Smile

That's why I quit.... When I start, it's on like neck bone ... Oh the days of youth, I sometimes miss them, but not often enough to re-live them again...

Ice

(04-15-2017, 10:34 AM)Furyan66 Wrote: Back in the day I used to be a pretty heavy drinker. Mostly beer but I did have a taste for Crown Royal. I was pretty mellow when I drank but I sure cannot say that about everyone. One of my best friends I grew up with, (would do anything for me), well every time he would drink he would become belligerent and want to fight. Now this guy when sober he was a tough SOB and there would have been no one else I would have wanted to cover my back in a sticky situation but when drinking he just got out of control. We tried to get him to seek help but like most alcoholics he was in denial. Well about 3 years past and he was in a bar drinking hard liquor and 2 guys started crap with him (I was not there). Well a fight ensued and my friend literally beat those 2 guys to death. This was a good friend of mine that when sober I would have trusted him with my life but when drinking, totally out of control and a different person. He is now serving 40 years in prison because of Alcohol and not knowing when to stop. I still enjoy a good beer with my steak and maybe a Crown & Coke but that's where it ends for me on alcohol. I am an advocate of MoM way more than Alcohol. A LOT less violence not to mention no hangover.

Everyone's body is different and acts different to different kinds of stimulants and you just have to find what works for you..

Peace Everyone
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit