Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Cartoons...
Does anyone collect animation art? Years ago, I got involved in buying some pieces, because I loved the color and I have never really been interested in being a grown up. Some of the animation cells are signed by the creators of the characters.
I have a cool Betty Boop, Daffy Duck, the Pink Panther and a few others. I love to look at them. They always make me smile.
I think they are the most valuable things I own. No jewelry or anything, but they have always given me joy. R.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can observe a lot by just watching. Yogi Berra
(03-26-2016, 11:23 PM)Rumor Wrote: Does anyone collect animation art? Years ago, I got involved in buying some pieces, because I loved the color and I have never really been interested in being a grown up. Some of the animation cells are signed by the creators of the characters.
I have a cool Betty Boop, Daffy Duck, the Pink Panther and a few others. I love to look at them. They always make me smile.
I think they are the most valuable things I own. No jewelry or anything, but they have always given me joy. R.

I'm familiar with animation art Rumor.  It's often offered through different auction houses like Heritage.  And signed, can go for big dollars i know.  What a great thing to have even a few of!

Spanky

(03-26-2016, 10:41 PM)IceWizard Wrote: Yeah Spanky... "Hey Boo Boo.." (I did like the little bear too Smile )

How's about:::

[Image: here_he_comes_to_save_the_day____mighty_...63lgzs.png]

Ice

Quick Draw and Babalouie...
[Image: 3048025625_00beae6050.jpg]
Geez Ice, I'd forgotten there were so many until you started this thread.  Yes, "Queeksdraw".  Babalouie would probably be politically incorrect these days.

Spanky
Thanks Spanky!!! R.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can observe a lot by just watching. Yogi Berra
Yabba Dabba Dooo!

[Image: Flintstones_Family_Image-2.png]

[Image: Jetsons.jpg]

I'm still a waitin to "buzz" around like they did so long ago....
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
[Image: bd526d_c976a988b3a92da4da76c763eff66991.gif]
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Beep Beep

[Image: 2-wile-coyote-and-the-road-runner.jpg]

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Man, how could I have forgotten the Flintsones.  I loved those cars with the undercarriages removed so you could power the cars with your feet, ha.

The roadrunner was always great fun.  You already knew what the story would be.  Wiley Coyote would wait for his new contraption in a wooden box, always from "ACME", and it would contain the latest bizarre invention designed to snag the roadrunner.  The whole series worked without any dialogue.  Wily or was it Wile E.  didn't say much, and the roadrunner expressed all he ever need say with a "bleep bleep". 

Right on that they picked two resilient and adaptable animals for the characters.  Coyotes can find a spot just about any environment, and the roadrunners--of which I have seen many--do indeed pick the dusty aprons of less-traveled, two lane highways to run up and down so to not to slow their search for lizards, snakes, insects, the their other fare which are way disadvantaged because their runner's unimpeded foot speed is something to see. 

A bit off subject.  When I was a kid i would go to the movie, early matinee cost a quarter.  This was pre Hanna.  There was the movie, and usually a double feature.  Before the movie or movies there was an international news reel, a cartoon, and and an episode of a serial.  I only remember two serieals: Rocket Man, and Flash Gordon.  Rocket Man wore a clunky looking suit, like a deep diving outfit, with a pointed as opposed to rounded helmet.  He would run, then hit flat-footed and blast into the air, then land and beat some men in hats up.   

Who is this:  "Boy, I say BOY!"

All great stuff Ice.

Spanky
Yeah... I remember going to the Saturday matinee as well.. Always had "the next adventure", a cartoon and where I was, they turned the lights on and held a drawing... They tore your ticket in half when you got there, so you saved your half and the other went into a barrel (small one) ... After the cartoon, they'd draw ticket numbers, match it and you won! I did once, 1922 Peace Silver Dollar... As time moved on, they started giving those huge tootsie rolls full of candy! Never got one of those...

But I do remember "Rocket Man"

[Image: rocketman_title.gif]
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(03-28-2016, 07:29 PM)Spanky Wrote: Man, how could I have forgotten the Flintsones.  I loved those cars with the undercarriages removed so you could power the cars  with your feet, ha.

The roadrunner was always great fun.  You already knew what the story would be.  Wiley Coyote would wait for his new contraption in a wooden box, always from "ACME", and it would contain the latest bizarre invention designed to snag the roadrunner.  The whole series worked without any dialogue.  Wily or was it Wile E.  didn't say much, and the roadrunner expressed all he ever need say with a "bleep bleep". 

Right on that they picked two resilient and adaptable animals for the characters.  Coyotes can find a spot just about any environment, and the roadrunners--of which I have seen many--do indeed pick the dusty aprons of less-traveled, two lane highways to run up and down so to not to slow their search for lizards, snakes, insects, the their other fare which are way disadvantaged because their runner's unimpeded foot speed is something to see. 

A bit off subject.  When I was a kid i would go to the movie, early matinee cost a quarter.  This was pre Hanna.  There was the movie, and usually a double feature.  Before the movie or movies there was an international news reel, a cartoon, and and an episode of a serial.  I only remember two serieals: Rocket Man, and Flash Gordon.  Rocket Man wore a clunky looking suit, like a deep diving outfit, with a pointed as opposed to rounded helmet.  He would run, then hit flat-footed and blast into the air, then land and beat some men in hats up.   

Who is this:  "Boy, I say BOY!"

All great stuff Ice.

Spanky
[Image: foghorn-leghorn.png]
Good for u, back2good. It was foghorn. I blanked out on this.

Awesome. It would have driven me crazy to not recall.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel