Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
cats or dogs?
as i live in a very small town , don't need a dog to safeguard me.

cats take care of themselves Smile
I love all animals. Reptiles, bugs, etc. My sister and I had people calling us gross. We didn't care! But..cats are the best! IMO, God created little cats because the awesome big cats would eat us. Too bad. I'd love to kiss them, but kiss my own!SmileSmile

Forgot something. More people own cats! But like I said I love them all. And they love us, no matter what! Awesome!!!
We had a very large house. and in those days one could rescue animals and still be able to buy food for oneself.

We tried adopting out boxers we bred and some wee kittens, but we made my father shut down the new pet store and let us keep the animals. Cuz those people did not deserve the glory of those pets. He was an attorney and teacher anyway. The pets we kept.

Years later I did rescue. mostly abandoned kittens an hr old. we did the medical care cuz more germs were at vets. but the vets really try to save lives. and dont worry about law suits.

I never met an animal i did not love. But i shall withhold that love until heaven, cuz i hear a panda bear is really brutal. And i had an opportunity to work with big cats in commercials. But i just knew i would be mauled as i was not raising them. And son of a gun, many yrs later, my rescued ferals used me as a climbing posts and i needed 18 stitches below my eye. I got the proxy strips on so fast it did not even bleed. the plastic surgeon was impressed.

I used to never kill bugs but fleas and ticks one must. No putting them outside.

And whereas i am not crazy about reptiles as i am unfamiliar with them, i did rescue one that my neighbors cat had decimated a bit. but with care, i was able to release Mr. Snakey all healthy. No kisses goodbye though.

But I have heard of and have seen cats whom take on the role of caregiver with both other animals at animal hospitals and shelters. And of course cats, some cats, are famous for sitting with the ill whom are alone.

I think one needs a German Shepherd. Perfectly trained with love. And cats. And a rescued chipmunk was a mighty fine pet.

But, i hope to raise a tiger when i make heaven.

But, useless? Heavens to murgatroyd. I learned to love not from family but from the animals we took in and rescued. Cats do things their way. But useless? Not to the vast majority of us.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

i love ur story skipper. SOB how dare he.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Skipper, you are sweet. A lady where I live put 4 journal in a bag and threw them in a dumpster! It took everything in me not to beat the daylight out of her. Kept 1 and a friend took the other one. Animal people are the best! Thank you both for being fuzzballs lovers! That woman, excuse me "it" got 6 months in jail. Gee darn!

That is supposed to say kittens, not journal.
Oh, us animals lovers. We are Rock stars in God's eyes! And most people. The others, well. They should go introduce themselves to the Great White! I'm with Charon. Can't wait to have a tiger in heaven! But I do think cats hung the moon!SmileSmileSmile
Grew up a dog person but became a cat person! My senior kitty is 18 years old and still kickin! She's the cutest, cuddlyest little bean bag ever.
Hounders as I am highly allergic to cats. It’s a bummer though as cats are furry and cute.
All of our baby furballs are!Smile they truly love us unconditionally.Smile
awwwwww that kitty was so lucky Skipper! I love all animals. I have a VERY hard time even squishing a bug because the poor bug is just living it's little life and squish! I don't know..sort of prefer cats and dogs to humans anymore lol

BUT I recently got a cat and I haven't had a cat for the last 5 years since my last girl died at 21. I thought if the cat came along and killed the bugs that somehow get in this winter, I could be free of guilt but this girl is not interested in any bugs lol. Huge bug on the wall and she's just staring at me! She was just there at the shelter, adult who had who knows how many litters of kittens before they got her and removed her girlie bits. She's the craziest cutest thing ever! I've only had her for a month now but it's definitely love. I wish I was a dog person because I used to foster and rehabilitate abused dogs who were rescues and I always wanted to keep them just as they were finding a new awesome home but I know I always did the right thing handing them over to someone who loved the slobber and the picking up of poo outside and all hahah. Some of the meanest dogs I ever met who left me scars were just HUGE balls of love with a couple of weeks of love and peace to just be dogs.

I feel like I'm a cat person 100% but gosh some of these pups are just so good - it might be impossible to find a more loyal friend than a dog! It's so affordable to adopt a new pal from a shelter or rescue I hope everyone can do that at least once in their life if they can take good care of the furry little fart after.