Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
cats or dogs?
I love both, but dogs are by far my comfort. Growing up we had a Rough Collie named Lassie (how original lol) he used to tower over me as i was 5 at the time. As times change so does my taste. Living in cities you just cant have bid dogs, my next choice would be to have a Shih Tzu or Pomeranian with a Persian Cat.
Wouldn't that be a nice mix Smile

QF
Success!
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
Skipper, your story says alot about you and speaks volumes about the contractor who should come back as a helpless kitten in his next life. I am a dog person and have found MY life is happier if there is a dog in it and I hope that goes for the dog too. A few years back I had a sweet shepherd husky mix that passed away and the loss was so awful that I thought that I would foster dogs for a rescue organization in the area. The first dog that I fostered was a big yellow lab had a golfball sized growth on his rear foot and the family couldn't pay for treatment (sad). The rescue program works with a vet med school, that removed the growth (and a toe - ugh) and he stayed with me for almost three months while he recuperated. After three months I was so attached to guy that that I couldn't imagine giving him up! The down side was that he was huge and typical lab, full of energy - so I talked my daughter into adopting him - LOL. We now have 2 dogs, and get to see the lab too.
Dog people here     Cool  Cats are ok just not in my house
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
I'm more of a dog person & I have 3 right now. I have a 10yr old little Maltese & a 1 1/2yr old mini Schnauzer/Terrier mix & a 7 month old

Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. They're terrific companions & I've always had dogs my whole life. I've had as many as 6 at one time

but I've also had lots of cats throughout my life & I love them too. I've got to say though that dogs are my passion & I couldn't see myself

ever not owning 1 or more. Heck, I'm even thinking of adding a 4th dog to my family. LOL
This too shall pass. Heart
Both/all.  I donate on a regular basis to a local wildlife rescue/rehabilitation group, who work tirelessly to support wounded wild life.  For domestic, both cats and dogs are for me.  I work with a couple of rescue groups and have tried to provide foster care, but I discovered I'm a foster home fail; I take prisoners:  5 dogs-3 dobermans, 1 lab, 1 greyhound and 3 cats.  Each one is special, unique, and dearly loved.
Both here as well. I adore my Manx kitty! The breed tends to be a bit like a dog in how they interact with their humans, but they are definitely all cat when it comes to running the household over my 2 German Shepards!
When I was a child I thought I loved cats until my mother got me a kitten....I found out cats had claws and weren’t afraid to use them. I’m definitely a dog lover. #teamfido
I honestly wouldn't mind a good guard dog. Not really looking for companionship out of a dog though.
(09-27-2018, 08:42 PM)Charon Wrote: You must learn to be responsible for your own health in this day and age.  The government does not care.

I would have to say dogs. I'm looking for one now ; )  Nothing wrong with cats but I was visiting a friends house, I guess I was 8 or 9 
and was petting their cat for little bit, his mom came downstairs and said ' You just might be allergic to cats go to the bathroom
look in the mirror then wash your face real good with soap and water and I'll keep the cat upstairs '

Definitely allergic.
Hi Lockes,  What kind of dog are you looking for? Smile Here are a few for you to choose from. Big Grin

[Image: fa5cf9d56400f478685cc836184b932f.jpg]

[Image: a4058c97dd66a522a4423e91f63bf7e6.jpg]

[Image: 7c2554cdf3918639c9a2a2b20446bc75.jpg]

[Image: 78373f171e3cc65cf72047678a8e7232.jpg]

[Image: b09758d4f5e675b905f35a036689784b.jpg]

[Image: ca1e17f354149a5f1e0ba0eddd39130e.jpg]

[Image: 829e863682f84cb7329fb0ed65d0d95c.jpg]
This too shall pass. Heart