Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Matthew
We got back home this evening. Lots of branches everywhere, a small tree fell on our house but doesn't seem to have caused any damage. Internet is out because there's a wire hanging off the house so it must be because of that. Internet company said they'd send someone out Friday. Hopefully sooner than that but I'm sure they're busy. We are fortunate nothing more serious to deal with. This was a nasty storm.
(10-10-2016, 02:16 AM)EL085 Wrote: We got back home this evening. Lots of branches everywhere, a small tree fell on our house but doesn't seem to have caused any damage. Internet is out because there's a wire hanging off the house so it must be because of that. Internet company said they'd send someone out Friday. Hopefully sooner than that but I'm sure they're busy. We are fortunate nothing more serious to deal with. This was a nasty storm.

So glad to hear you made out ok and not much damage. Also glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Hurricanes are no joke and I really feel bad for those that died or suffered a lot of damage, but thank God it wasn't as bad as it could have been. We sure don't need anymore horrible storms like Katrina was.

Praying for all of you over there that life can get back to normal as soon as possible.

Take care and stay safe.

Cricket
I heard that the Fayetteville NC area was the very hardest hit area for flooding.

I will have to call down there today and check ...

About a foot of rain and it is so flat that they will be dealing with it for a long time.

And many trees down across roads etc.
(10-10-2016, 12:38 PM)Linville Wrote: I heard that the Fayetteville NC area was the very hardest hit area for flooding.

I will have to call down there today and check ...

About a foot of rain and it is so flat that they will be dealing with it for a long time.

And many trees down across roads etc.

The problems with hurricanes is they are the gift that keeps on giving. The storm itself may be gone, but the amount of rain causes rivers to rage and bring flooding soon after.
Praying everyone will be ok and stay high and dry.

Cricket