Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Wellbutrin and insomnia. Anyone using it ?
(05-09-2017, 12:06 AM)relaxme Wrote: OK, After 60 days ( a think that actually 58, 3 days ago ) I stopped this medicine understanding why  they call Wellbutrin HELLbutrin .

I am still shocked, in around 18 years "testing " meds ( from Mirtazapine, prozac to Klonopin, etc ) I never, never , had such nasty side effects and I was just on 150mg XL .

I am going to list them, I do not understand how anybody can use this as an antidepressant, I think that only should be usefully if you used another ATD too and if you have zero anxiety or insomnia problems ( which are extramly rare to do not have it if you are a depressive person ). Even if this stuff put you with super libido ( which in my case , don`t ) I see no reason on use it.  :

Insomnia : My insomnia before wellbutrin, in a "scale " was around 5 to 6 . With Hellbutrin I went to a 10. Days without even available to sleep after taking Ambien. Only Xanax or Dormicum where succefully on put me into sleep, and even so, it felt like I was never really sleeping .

Anxiety : Hard to tell, since I was not available to sleep cause Wellbutrin, I started Xanax. But I did not notice anything better than I do when I take xanax .

Rapid heart rate : In repose I usually had 60 to 64, on Wellbu I went to 72-78 .

Oily skin : I have oily skin, but this was too much .

sweating : Simple insane, specially on some places like the Palms

Cystic Acne : I got, for the first time in my life during this 58 days, two big, incredible big painfull  Boils. And the explanation was really simple, this is what it cause extremely oily face plus extremely sweating.

In resume, I prefer to pass 10 Xanax withdrawals, have no libido, etc before touching this crap of medicine again. Is not a smart idea to play with your adrenaline levels ( plus it also increase DHEA  ) and who knows more . The efffect on Dopamine is extremely low.
Now I understand ( sorry Doc ) Why Hellbutrin is not a first choice, or second, or thirdh Smile ATD choice.

Hope this help somebody to think 20 times before using this insane medicine.

I had very similar results with Wellbutrin. At times it literally felt as if my heart was going to jump out of my chest.
I tried it years ago. I had all the same side effects. I think I stayed up for 3 nights. Sad
Sorry to hear that your experiences haven't improved, Relax Sad

Are you on the brand name wellbutrin or a generic? Do you know which manufacturing lab it is?

I've been on bupron 300mg xl (a generic) for a few weeks now, and fortunately my sleep hasn't been too bad.
It is brand Glaxo. there small pills with an incription on it and came in a bottle .I took trazodone in the past but had to increase dosage and at the end fuc.... my sex, imposibility to have an orgasm .
Never tried Hydroxyzune . Thanks for te advice.
About the Hellbutrin , this is done for me . Right now I am sleeping a lot better, no excessive seweating, etc. all the side effects are gone now , except for the big cyst that is still draining !
Hasta la vista Hellbutrin ! Smile
Photo 
This is the one  I used[Image: 17350s.png]
I'm on the generic Buprion as well and I haven't had any noticeable side effects after a year.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
(05-09-2017, 07:54 PM)reilli Wrote: I'm on the generic Buprion as  well and I haven't had any noticeable side effects after a year.

Reilli :
Is it the only antidepressant you take ? Do you take any other med like Bezos ( xanax, klonopin, etc )  ?
Thanks
Wellbutrin or Buprion is not, in my opinion a way to go it acts in some people like a mild stimulant and that seems to be the case with people that brains need or love benzos more than opiates like myself. Just me 2 cents
Relaxme, I take Diazepam too. The Wellbutrin was prescribed to me for my lack of sex drive first, secondarily mild depression.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
(05-10-2017, 02:16 AM)reilli Wrote: Relaxme, I take Diazepam too. The Wellbutrin was prescribed to me for my lack of sex drive first, secondarily mild depression.

Thanks for your answer. Guess it was not the right one for me.