Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music "Chat" Talking Points Behind the Music
Music 
Yeah, that is definatley one of those films that EVERYBODY should see at some point!!

I never knew of the psychological control and physical abuse she went through during the time she was married too and spent with the musically talented, Ike Turner(A.K.A. "Chef" in the popular, "SouthPark"!)

But it really is such a great film, can't recommend watching it enough(Ike Turner is played really well, by the great Laurence Fishburne too!)

Right now, she is doing the rounds on our major chat shows over hear in the UK, and she is definetley one of lifes True Great Survivors!  She has still got it, and at 77 years young too, I believe!! Though you would never know it!

Great Sound track too!

Shes a True Legend, in so many ways!
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
OMG!!!

Yep, you are totally correct Miss Hepburn it's, Issac Hayes that voiced "Chef" in South Park! My (Major!) Bad...

And yes, Ike Turner is no longer with us...

Still, it's a really great film though!!!  /o\

However, it did remind me of this clip!!! Thank the lord you're not Samuel.L.Jackson, he would never let that kinda sh!t slide!  ...Oh-Hell-No!!!

Blush
music news.

hold on when reading this story. 
LOL

Pretenders legend Chrissie Hynde storms off stage after launching a C-word outburst at her fans

Sabrina Ellis

ROCK star Chrissie Hynde stormed off stage after a C-word rant at fans.
The Pretenders singer had also told people filming her: “Stick your phones up your ass.”
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][Image: nintchdbpict000362914839.jpg?strip=all&w=960]
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]Pretenders star Chrissie Hynde stormed off stage after yelling abuse at fans in Dubai[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][Image: nintchdbpict000362915755.jpg?strip=all&w=958]
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]American singer called fans 'c***s' for filming her during the performance[/color]
Music video for 1994 song I'll Stand By You by The Pretenders
Hynde, 66, began abusing the audience during her first song at the gig in Dubai.
The American called them “c***s” for recording her.
She went on to say that she didn’t give a “f***" because she already had their money.
As she left the stage, she cocked her leg and told the shocked crowd: “Take a picture of that.”
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][Image: nintchdbpict000361090063.jpg?strip=all&w=639]
Getty - Contributor
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]Chrissie Hynde performing at New Theatre[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][Image: nintchdbpict000138035210.jpg?strip=all&w=720]
Getty - Contributor
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]Chrissie Hynde also said she didn’t give a 'f***' because she already had their money[/color]
The group played only a handful of songs at the Irish Village venue on Thursday.
They did not do an encore - leaving fans upset at not hearing their 1979 No1 Brass in Pocket.
Expat Nicki Blower said: “She has a reputation for swearing but this was with real venom.”

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][Image: nintchdbpict000363132171.jpg?strip=all&w=490]
Facebook
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]Chrissie Hynde apologised for 'being a bit of a b***'[/color]

Alastair MacDonald, 38, of Glasgow, said: “She was saying, 'you’re all c***s’.
"She pointed at people using phones and gave them the finger.”

TOUTS OUT How to get tickets for Ed Sheeran, The Killers and more for FACE VALUE - or less

Hynde last week took to social media to apologise for being a "bit of a b****".

Writing that she loved the UK tour, she added: "I do want to apologise for being a bit of a b**** when it came to camera phones and just being myself in general.

"As you probably know by now, when i’m not on the stage, i like to retain a very ordinary profile and get embarrassed by uninvited attentions.

"So if I told anyone to ‘get lost’ - it’s just me being the citizen God intended me to be.
"I know sometimes I’m not the celebrity you want, but believe me, I suffer for it later that night and wish i could have been a nicer person.

"But I wasn’t, I’m not, and probably not going to change any time soon. As far as all the cities we didn’t play - we intend to come back and finish the job next year."
Hynde’s spokesman refused to comment.
Totally agree...They had no contractial agreement, those darned fans!  What with thier phones and cameras, and at a once in a life time music concert, and after paying all that money for a ticket just to see "The Pretenders"?!!...What did they want?(Hell, why don't they all just take a friggin' photo? ....I mean, It'll last longer!!) ...The cheek of it all!!!
!
Poor Chrissie Hyndes, she'll be sooo out of pocket, she'll be buskin' on the streets by the end of next week if this is not stopped...

Big Grin
ALICE'S RESTAURANT MASSACREE by ARLO GUTHRIE

Album: Alice's Restaurant
Released: 1967
Charted:

Get the Sheet MusicPlay @ Amazon Music
Get some Geography in the Alice's Restaurant Massacree Songplaces

LYRICSSONGFACTS

Running 18 minutes and 34 seconds, this song is based on a true story that happened on Thanksgiving Day, 1965. Arlo was 18, and along with his friend Rick Robbins, drove to Stockbridge, Massachusetts to have Thanksgiving dinner with Alice and Ray Brock. Alice and Ray lived in a church - the former Trinity Church on Division Street in Stockbridge - and were used to inviting people into their home. Arlo and Rick had been traveling together, Arlo working his way up in folk singing and Rick tagging along. A number of people, Arlo and Rick included, were considered members of the family, and so they were not guests in the usual sense. When Ray woke up the next morning, he said to them, "Let's clean up the church and get all this crap out of here, for God's sake. This place is a mess," and Rick said, "Sure." Arlo and Rick swept up and loaded all the crap into a VW microbus and went out to the dump, which was closed. They started driving around until Arlo remembered a side road in Stockbridge up on Prospect Hill by the Indian Hill Music Camp, which he went to one summer, so they drove up there and dumped the garbage. A little later, the phone rang, and it was Stockbridge police chief William J. Obanhein.... "I found an envelope with the name Brock on it," Chief Obanhein said. The truth came out, and soon the boys found themselves in Obanhein's police car. They went up to Prospect Hill, and Obie took some pictures, and on the back he marked them, "PROSPECT HILL RUBBISH DUMPING FILE UNDER GUTHRIE AND ROBBINS 11/26/65." And took the kids to jail. The kids went in, pleaded, "Guilty, Your Honor," were fined $25 each and ordered to retrieve the rubbish. Then they all went back to the church and started to write "Alice's Restaurant" together.... "We were sitting around after dinner and wrote half the song," Alice recalls, "and the other half, the draft part, Arlo wrote."
Guthrie, the son of legendary folk singer Woody Guthrie, greatly exaggerated the part about getting arrested for comic effect. In the song he is taken away in handcuffs and put in a cell with hardened criminals.
The following appeared in the local paper:

Saturday, Richard J. Robbins, 19, of Poughkeepsie, N. Y., and Arlo Guthrie, 18, of Howard Beach, N. Y., each paid a fine of $25 in Lee District Court after pleading guilty of illegally disposing of rubbish. Special Justice James E. Hannon ordered the youths to remove all the rubbish. They did so Saturday afternoon, following a heavy rain. Police Chief William J. Obanhein of Stockbridge said later the youths found dragging the junk up the hillside much harder than throwing it down. He said he hoped their case would be an example to others who are careless about disposal of rubbish. The junk included a divan, plus nearly enough bottles, garbage, papers and boxes to fill their Volkswagen bus. "The stuff would take up at least half of a good-sized pickup truck," Chief Obanhein said. The rubbish was thrown into the Nelson Foote Sr. property on Prospect Street, a residential section of Stockbridge consisting largely of estates on the hill across from Indian Hilil [sic] School. Chief Obanhein told the court he spent "a very disagreeable two hours" looking through the rubbish before finding a clue to who had thrown it there. He finally found a scrap of paper bearing the name of a Great Barrington man. Subsequent investigation indicated Robbins and Guthrie had been visiting the Great Barrington man and had agreed to cart away the rubbish for him. They told the court that, when they found the Barrington dump closed, they drove around and then disposed of the junk by tossing it over the Stockbridge hillside. >>
In the song, Guthrie avoids the draft and did not have to serve in Vietnam because of his littering arrest. In reality, he was eligible, but wasn't drafted because his number didn't come up.
Many radio stations play this on Thanksgiving. This is usually the only time they play it, since the song is over 18 minutes long.
Guthrie performed this song for the first time on July 16, 1967 at the Newport Folk Festival.
This reflected the attitude of many young people in America at the time. It was considered an antiwar song, but unlike most protest songs, it used humor to speak out against authority.
After a while, Guthrie stopped playing this at concerts, claiming he forgot the words. As the song approached it's 30th anniversary, he started playing it again.
In 1991, Arlo bought the church where this took place and set up "The Guthrie Center," where he runs programs for kids who have been abused.
Guthrie made a movie of the same name in 1969 which was based on the song.
Over the years, Guthrie added different words to the song. He recorded a new, longer version in 1995 at The Guthrie Center.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Nice post Charon

Here is one where the talking is done in the video
I found it interesting 
And check out who all helps him on the album they are talking about 
Cool stuff
And  where he started singing and what he did before 

I enjoyed watching this

It is not long

Sorry to be behind in posting this but Chissie Hynde is a bitch. *Maybe* she was having a bad day but the SO works security at events and one of the events a few months ago was one of her concerts. The security staff has an area they meet backstage to get their assignments at EVERY show no matter who the artist is or how big they are (some huge names) but she had a sign posted "NO NOISE, ARTIST IS RESTING!" and their security room is on the same floor as the artists area so they had to be very quiet and get their gear & go to another floor because she had signs posted all around and her own security waving the venue's security off the floor. That has NEVER happened before with people like Lionel Richie, Ringo Starr etc. Then they had sign posted all over the venue about NO CELL PHONES and she gave a snotty speech at the beginning of the show about quitting the show & leaving if she saw one cell phone.

I understand that artists get frustrated about cell phones & videos, I get irritated if I am behind someone that wants to hold their phone or tablet up to record the show but she took it to the extreme even with the security staff.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
I googled David Cassidy Oh MY he was such a Handsome young man.
[Image: TheCure.jpg]

Here is the news............

Class of 2018 Inductees

YOUR OFFICIAL ROCK HALL CLASS OF 2018 ROSTER.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is proud to announce that 5 artists from the ballot are included in the Performer Category and 1 individual is recognized with an Award for Early Influence.

YOUR CLASS OF 2018 INDUCTEES ARE:

Performer Category:

• Bon Jovi
• The Cars
• Dire Straits
• The Moody Blues
• Nina Simone

Award for Early Influence:

• Sister Rosetta Tharpe 

The 33rd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Klipsch Audio, will take place on Saturday, April 14, 2018 in Cleveland. Ticket on-sale dates will be announced in January. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2018 Induction Ceremony will again have its television premiere on HBO, and a radio broadcast on SiriusXM. Broadcast details will be announced in early 2018.
Bump.