Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music "Chat" Talking Points Behind the Music
Rolling Stones - Time Waits For No One (Mick Taylor's Finest Solo)

This was one of guitarist Mick Taylor's last appearances with The Stones. He left after It's Only Rock 'n' Roll because of differences with Keith Richards and frustration over not getting writing credits on this and other songs he helped compose.
"Morning Dew" Lyrics

Walk me out in the morning dew, my honey
Walk me out in the morning dew today
I can't walk you out in the morning dew, my honey
I can't walk you out in the morning dew at all

Thought I heard a young girl crying, mama
Thought I heard a young girl cry today
Oh I did not hear no young girl crying, mama, mama, mama
I did not hear no young girl cry at all

Thought I heard a young boy crying
I thought I heard a young boy cry today
Oh I did not hear no young boy crying
Oh I didn't hear no young boy cry
Now there is no more morning dew
What they've been saying all these years was not true
No, no, no, no more - no, no, no, no more
No more morning dew
No more morning dew
(09-25-2017, 06:37 PM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote:

I LOVE this song! The only weirdo at my job who LOVED it!

Nobody here into electronic music?Lol,most of the stuff i listen to is electronic,same with the stuff i doodle with in cubase and Reason,but thats another story,one where i pull my hair out cos midi aint triggering my synth or drum machine.

Charon,that Blue Oyster cult song Dont fear the Reaper is one of my fav old tunes,one that might get played at my funeral,its going to be that or possibly Friggin in the Riggin by Sex Pistols,i wont post it as its lyrics may offend some,its available on youtube,won't matter what anyone thinks of it at my funeral cos i will be dead,but most of those who would turn up would get the humor of it rude or not.

Do you still DJ mastertheif?I just sold a few hundred records(times are hard),they were taking up too much room,they were just gathering dust so no point in hanging on to material things which are hardly used,better that someone else (younger maybe?) gets them and plays them,passing the flame to another generation of malcontents i hope.
Not really a fan of mp3s or cds really,never really collected cds like i used to do with records,bit sterile to me the digital medium at times,vinyl makes you feel it from your feet and up through your guts,chest and finally head.

Anyone who is a fan of the stones or esp old Keith Richards should,if they have netflix watch the documentary which name i forget at present,where he is interviewed for the whole way through,the guy really is a legend,i read his auto-biography,really interesting guy,was glad to hear all the rumours of him having blood transfusions to get clean from Hard drugs was just a myth,its a miracle he has lasted so long really,remember him falling out of a tree when he was holidaying in the Caribbean?Was it the rum or something else?I'd guess it was probably both,one hell of a guitarist,plays the blues really good,could listen to some of those really old blues records all night,pretty rebellious music for its time,someones got to give the man a finger or nobody else will.
Enjoy your tunes,i'm still waiting for the devil at the crossroad,don't think he'll ever show up.

I am deeply offended by Rick Astley records though,he used to live not far from me,Stock,Aitkin and Waterman have a hell of a lot to answer for.LOL!

I never ever get my phone out to film when i go watch a band,too busy enjoying the moment to do that,I'm at the back 'Dad dancing',i don't blame Chrissie Hynde for doing that,don't know why she bothered to play Dubai though,so course people who are there are going to phone record you on stage,should have thought out where your playing first Miss/Mrs Hynde.Expect the money was pretty good,i remember her when she was hardly known,used to hang around with the early punks in London,actually nearly got married to Sid Vicious so she could stay in the UK legally,am sure Sid got a bit nervous and didn't even turn up at the registry office,typical Sid.
Video 
Two blokes and a laptop -
This is real good interview 

Check it out if you like 

I was laughing a lot in it

But also it can get very emotional as he talks 

He is one of my favorites guys from music 

He turned out , ok !  Cool 

A greatly humble guy who knows how to get it on 

A hero of mine, Joe Walsh.
5 Miraculous Things that Happened when Jesus Died on the Cross:

- "Darkness came over all the land." Matt. 27:25 From noon on Friday until 3 pm, the skies grew dark. It's hard to imagine what the people were feeling when they saw this happen, but I would think that some became fearful, terrified, realizing what they'd done, and that Jesus was indeed who He said He was. This was a very real picture of both physical and spiritual darkness that occurs without belief in Christ. Even nature all around gave testimony of who Christ was and the grief of what was happening.

- At the very moment that Jesus breathed his last breath, the Temple veil that covered the entrance to the Holy of Holies, the actual dwelling place of God among the people, was torn in 2 from top to bottom. Matt. 27:51 Sometimes in our minds, we picture a thin veil covering this entrance, but history records that the veil was actually about 60 feet tall and up to 4" in thickness. The size of the veil would have made it impossible for any human to tear this in 2 pieces. This also was a complete miracle from God's hand, signifying that He had opened the door for us to come in and have relationship with Him. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice so the veil, or separation, was no longer needed. We can now enter His presence through Christ Himself.

- "The earth shook and the rocks split." Matt. 27:51. A huge earthquake shook the land right at the very time Christ died. The Bible says at the exact time of Jesus' death, the earth trembled. The whole earth cried out for the death of the Savior. God tells us in Lk.19:40, if we stay silent, even "the stones will cry out."

- Graves opened up and the saints came out and after the resurrection they appeared to many people. Matt. 27:52-53 Can you imagine what this looked like? The dead arose when Jesus died. God brought to life what was dead to fulfill His purposes. Again He reminds us that the final victory of Christ conquered death. He is over all. He reigns victorious over sin and death!

- Lives were changed. Many began to realize who Jesus really was, the truth revealed, they could no longer deny it, Matt. 27:54 says, "When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, Surely he was the Son of God!" The aha moment sank deep. The Truth that had the power to change lives. To make all things new. To offer fresh starts, new beginnings, forgiveness, and purpose.

"If you confess with you mouth Jesus and Lord and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom. 10:9

It's that simple. Yet so profound. The most powerful story ever told...

Incredible sacrifice.
Amazing grace.
Lavish love.

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Cor. 9:15

hxxps://www.crosswalk.com/blogs/debbie-mcdaniel/5-miraculous-things-that-happened-when-jesus-died-on-the-cross.html
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I put up Hello its me. Todd Rundgren. Well they state he plays every instrument. i beg to differ.

i saw the man perform locally in 2012. He dressed and looked exactly the same as he did in hello its me. And he did some nonsensical strip of some of his attire. ooooooh. no one wanted that. we just wanted Hello its me song.

But, he played no instrument. He had others on stage doing that. He sang. Maybe the piano.

And, the two women next to me, and I, we clapped and stood so he would do the song Hello its me.

Nope. He stinks. That is the only song we liked you for, Todd. Deal with it.

This music festival just finished for this year I do believe
I did not know the history behind it

Interesting 

Ok did not realize that hello it’s me was more or less his one hit wonder
gads. i watched that and a few others. it is walking non stop. and, in sun. oh well.