Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music "Chat" Talking Points Behind the Music
Wow this is interesting news.

Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Sues Bandmates for Kicking Him Out of the Group

Fleetwood Mac's longtime lead guitarist Lindsey Buckingham is suing his former bandmates after being kicked off of the group's new tour.

In January, Buckingham was told by his manager that the rest of the band would be touring without him, and he says none of his bandmates would return his calls to explain why.

Buckingham is suing Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and John McVie, claiming he should still be paid his share of tour revenues because he still wants and is able to perform with the group. 

Buckingham was with the band from 1975-1987 before leaving of his own volition to pursue a solo career, and rejoined the group in 1997, according to the complaint. 

He says there has never been a written band agreement and the group just agreed that each of the members had the right to veto any major decision and shared equally in the band's ownership.

"During the entire time Buckingham has been a member of Fleetwood Mac, the Band has conducted itself as a partnership with each of the participating members having veto rights over Band decision making and an equal share of the proceeds earned by Fleetwood Mac," writes attorney Barry Mallen in the complaint. 

"The only exception to the unanimous consent rule within the Fleetwood Mac Partnership is that the writer(s) of the underlying musical composition of each Fleetwood Mac master recording has the unilateral right to approve or reject licenses to synchronize the Fleetwood Mac recordings embodying the applicable Partner's musical composition with audiovisual works.

The singer-songwriter-guitarist says he was frustrated that the rest of the group wouldn't push the start of the 2018 tour from August to November so he could release and promote a solo album, and that the band would only be playing three shows a week at Nicks' request. So, he agreed to delay his album, but wanted to perform solo shows on off nights.

Fleetwood Mac performed together on Jan. 26 at Radio City Music Hall, where the band was honored as the MusiCares Person of the Year, and a few days later Buckingham found out the band was going to tour without him.

Buckingham says he would have been paid at least $12 million for his share of the tour proceeds, which the remaining bandmembers are now splitting. 

He is suing for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of oral contract, among other claims, and is asking the court for a declaration that because he is able and willing to perform on the tour and is being involuntarily excluded, he should still be paid his share of the revenue.

Fleetwood Mac's publicist Kristen Foster on Friday sent The Hollywood Reporter a statement in response to the complaint. "Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court," she says. "The band has retained Dan Petrocelli to handle the case."
Watch

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham Suing Bandmates After Being Kicked Off Tour | THR News

October 12, 2:40 p.m. Updated with a statement from Fleetwood Mac's publicist.
[Image: lindsey_buckingham.jpg]

[/url]Read More

Lindsey Buckingham Will Not Tour With Fleetwood Mac This Fall

"The band wishes Lindsey all the best.

Lindsey Buckingham, longtime Fleetwood Mac singer-guitarist and rock icon in his own right, will not join the band on its forthcoming tour.

Amidst reports Buckingham had officially left the band, the group on Monday issued a statement announcing, simply, "Lindsey Buckingham will not be performing with the band on this tour. The band wishes Lindsey all the best." There was no comment regarding his future plans with the group.

Fleetwood Mac also announced that, instead, it will be joined by Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House.  

The band's Facebook page was also updated Monday to an illustrated image, notably scrubbing Buckingham's image from its profile (although band images including Buckingham still remain on the page).

Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975 when he and his then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks — who had been playing as a duo — were recruited by drummer Mick Fleetwood and the rest of the group. Buckingham played with the band until 1987, and then returned in 1997. Fleetwood Mac was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

Over the years, Buckingham has released six solo albums and last year dueted with Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac on Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie, which also featured the band's bassist John McVie and Fleetwood.   

This story first appeared on [url=https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8300245/lindsey-buckingham-not-tour-fleetwood-mac-summer]Billboard.com. 
That's just crazy about Lindsey.. Thought he was basically a staple of Fleetwood myself, ah well. Things happen I suppose, maybe he was too demanding or hard to work with..?
yeah me too Sriracha99.

BTW what doesa that namem mean if anything?

Portugal. The Man - "Feel It Still"

words to song i posted.

Can't keep my hands to myself
Think I'll dust 'em off, put 'em back up on the shelf
In case my little baby girl is in need
Am I coming out of left field?

Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now
I been feeling it since 1966, now
Might be over now, but I feel it still
Let me kick it like it's 1986, now

Got another mouth to feed
Leave her with a baby sitter, mama, call the grave digger
Gone with the fallen leaves
Am I coming out of left field?

I been feeling it since 1966, now
Might've had your fill, but you feel it still

We could fight a war for peace
(Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now)
Give in to that easy living
Goodbye to my hopes and dreams
Stop flipping for my enemies
We could wait until the walls come down
(Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now)
It's time to give a little to the
Kids in the middle, but oh 'til it falls
Won't bother me

Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming?
Is it coming back?

Ooh woo, I'm a rebel just for kicks, yeah
Your love is an abyss for my heart to eclipse, now

I've been feeling it since 1966, now
Might've had your fill, but you feel it still
here is some really good info..............

Hope people see it here!

Fans Invited To Cast Votes For 2019 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Nominees

October 17, 2018

Music fans of all persuasions have now been invited to vote in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame’s annual Fan Vote. For the seventh year running, fans will be able to have their say in the Fan Vote, with the five artists who receive the most votes making up a “fan’s ballot” that will help determine who makes it into the prestigious Rock Hall. 

The Class Of 2019 – which includes first-time nominees 

Def Leppard, 
Stevie Nicks, 
Todd Rundgren, 
Roxy Music, 
John Prine and 
Devo 
– will also be decided by artists, members of the music industry, journalists and music historians.

The other influential acts to be nominated for the 2019 Rock Hall are;

The Cure, 
the MC5, 
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, 
Rage Against The Machine, 
Janet Jackson 

and two acts previously nominated for induction in 2018, 

Radiohead and 
The Zombies. 

Also on the nominees list are Kraftwerk and LL Cool J, both of whom have previously received four Rock Hall nominations.  

To be eligible for induction into the prestigious Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, an individual artist or band must have released their first commercial recording at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination.

Several of the nominees have enjoyed high profile success during 2018. Iconic Yorkshire rockers Def Leppard and Journey played an acclaimed co-headlining North American tour across the summer, performing to some of the biggest houses of their career. According to reports in Billboard, the two bands playing in venues ranging from 8,500-seat arenas to 45,000-capacity baseball parks. Def Leppard have also recently announced the imminent release of an upgraded greatest hits anthologyThe Story So Far, while The Cure have confirmed a series of huge festival appearances for the summer of 2019, including South Africa’s Rock On The Lawns and Malahide Castle in Dublin, Ireland.

As uDiscover Music previously reported, the winners will be announced in December 2018, with the induction ceremony taking place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, on 29 March 2019. 

Ticket information will be released in January.
Thank you Linville for this article on the RR Hall of fame. I voted everyday last year & I'm definitely going to vote for 2019. Stevie Nicks, Rage Against the Machine, Radiohead & The Cure are all particular favorites of mine.....
This too shall pass. Heart
Hi Audrey. Good topic. I agree with your 2 choices that they are over rated. But there are songs by each that I do like & listen to. I like Nirvana but Kurt's voice in live performances wasn't so great.

I like so much music, it's hard to choose one but off the top of my head I would say that for me

No Doubt-Catchy tunes but over rated. imo

Bruce Springsteen-I like some songs but never saw what the big deal was.

When I think of more I'll be back.
Hi Audrey...

The Black Eyes Peas  I could never understand why that band was so popular.

I like that video, funny.
I was crushin on billy corgan hard but after melacoly and the infinite sadness he became insufferable. His earlier music got me thru teenage angst years. Even bald I loved him

Overrated- Dave Matthew
Goo goo dolls ,
Blink 182
I agree with you Audrey about Beiber, him I cannot stand.

Here's one a lot people like apparently but I just can't understand it & that's Jennifer Lopez, J Lo.  She's beautiful & seems nice but that's it in my opinion.

Hi happyvibe.  I agree on all 3 although I think GooGoo Dolls & Blink182 have some catchy tunes that I like.  Dave Matthews I could never understand such popularity...
After the Chicago incident public opinion Really turned against Dave.
I don’t dislike J Lo. I want to drink from whatever fountain of youth she is drinking from!