Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The FLU !!!
Hi Slick.  Just checking in with you.  I hope you feel better & stronger each day.  Stay in those pajamas,  no sense being uncomfortable unless you have to go out.  I imagine that by now tv is getting to you.  But don't get up & move around the house until you're out of the woods with this nasty bug/flu.  I've heard of some people relapsing.  And you certainly don't want that. 

So hang in there & I really am wishing for your speedy recovery with this awful crap.  Take care.....

Big Hugs Smile
Rose
This too shall pass. Heart
Slick,
Just checking to see how you are doing. Sounds,like you are still down. My mother always gave us liquid jello and would warm it up. I think that helped with keeping us hydrated.

Stay warm in those flannels with a blanket.

OR
Hi Roses and OR. 

No improvements yet.  Still sooo cold and I know it is not cold in the house.
Yes, the TV is getting on my last nerve!!  I wonder everyday why I pay the amount I do for it! 
Cleaned up today and put clean pj's on.  Changed pillow cases but not enough strength to change the
bed sheets. 

Still in my blankets!!
Thanks for checking in with me!!!  STAY HEALTHY!!

Big Hugs!
Slick
Slick I had the same thing around the week of New Years. Missed 4 days of work. Fever chills. So weak and shaking I could not get out of my bed for days. Was horrible and can’t remember being that sick in many years. I was also coughing a lot and had someone bring antibiotics. I thought it felt like pneumonia almost. Some NyQuil does help and time. Lots of fluids which I really didn’t do because I had a hard time getting up. I hope you are getting better. It lasted a good week plus. But 3 days the worst.
(01-30-2020, 03:41 AM)Slick Wrote: Thanks barq!
I live alone also and I keep canned soups etc. on hand but I had no choice but to get some more OTC meds and just a few other things to last me.  Calling for snow/cold this weekend and I knew I would never go out in that so  - no choice.  But now I haven't been out of my pj's since I got back from that trip and probably won't be over the weekend!  Unless I start to feel better enough to move around the house!
Poor cat just sits and looks at me when it is time for her treats!!  Rolleyes

Take care and best of luck with your upcoming travel!!
Slick

Last time I had really bad flu my cat was on my bed and became furious about my shivering, so he attacked my feet! Should add this cat is large. He's probably a Norwegian Forest cat, so a big domestic cat. Lovely soft fur and then hard muscle underneath. Now annoyed by me shaking the bed, he put his paws against the wall and used them like pistons to slowly push me out of bed! (In his defence he had a very odd upbringing and was literally rescued from a crack house. Now he's older he is much nicer to humans and seems to follow me around if I'm ill, like he's keeping an eye on me.)

Anyway, it sounds like you sensibly prepared with the soups, but it is hard to anticipate everything. The one OTC I always keep about is immodium on the basis that if I need that stuff, I'm in no position to go out in public! ;-)

One other thing I discovered are sachets of Idahoan potato mash. It's a "just at boiling water" job and very soft and comforting food when ill. Rather like soup, it's good if your throat hurts. Also, I've had dried potato before and it wasn't good. I was genuinely surprised by how good this was. Another thing that's been really good are those packets of noodles from Asia that come with a sachet of flavor. That can be a simple meal on it's own, or you can add egg (fresh or dried), stir it up with a little oil, add a tin of veg and you have a kind of noodles with flecks of egg and mixed veg. It is surprisingly good. I also use it as camping food.

I guess all of us can learn more preparedness. That virus coming out of China is making me think about that a lot.

Really hope you feel better soon, my friend.
Good Morning!
barq, that is hilarious about your cat!!  Big Grin

I do keep the noodles on hand.  I sometimes just get hungry for them!
I am going on 9 DAYS plus of this crap!!!  Think I will call the Dr. again today and see if anything can be done now. 
Probably not since I am still alive!!! 

But I am able to eat a little more.  Just NO, NONE, NADA energy.  Taking a shower is like running a marathon!!  And I skipped putting the trash out the first week I was sick so this past week was an all day event.  Not having fun anymore!!  My immune system has been compromised enough in the past year or so, which I guess is making this flu worse than normal.

Thanks for all your well wishes!!!!!    Stay Healthy All!!!!

Hugs,
Slick Heart
Hope you feel better Slick- Theraflu always gives me a little boost of energy when I'm down and out with the flu or severe cold.

Living in a big city def has me stressed with the coronavirus going on.
stay well all!
(02-03-2020, 03:25 PM)Slick Wrote: Good Morning!
barq, that is hilarious about your cat!!  Big Grin

I do keep the noodles on hand.  I sometimes just get hungry for them!
I am going on 9 DAYS plus of this crap!!!  Think I will call the Dr. again today and see if anything can be done now. 
Probably not since I am still alive!!! 

But I am able to eat a little more.  Just NO, NONE, NADA energy.  Taking a shower is like running a marathon!!  And I skipped putting the trash out the first week I was sick so this past week was an all day event.  Not having fun anymore!!  My immune system has been compromised enough in the past year or so, which I guess is making this flu worse than normal.

Thanks for all your well wishes!!!!!    Stay Healthy All!!!!

Hugs,
Slick Heart

Nine days is horrible :-( Unfortunately flu can last a couple of weeks, and clearly you're unlucky with how bad it is. If you have a thermometer, keep an eye on your temperature and how bad the fever is. I sympathize about the shower, I remember just how bad that felt last time I had flu, it messed up my body temperature for hours, but afterwards it did feel better to be fresh and clean.

Presumably you aren't eating much? If you have any multivitamin and mineral pills they might help support your body. Also they are the sort of thing you can order online cheaply, rather than having to go out on a mission to buy them.

Good luck!
Gosh Slick, you're really getting hammered with this flu.  But if you think about it, the worst is probably behind you.
Like barq says keep track of your temp & hopefully it will soon be normal & you'll be on the mend.  Continue being good to yourself & you won't have a relapse.  Also, continue staying away from people & their germs.  I heard that there are 2 strains of the flu.  And my grandson's have had that virus that is going around with stomach issues & feeling really bad.

Hang in there & I hope this passes quickly for you..... Heart

Hi barq I too got a kick out of your story of your big cat pushing you off the bed.  He sounds lovely...... Big Grin
This too shall pass. Heart