Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Years /resolutions
@ Happyvibe it sounds like you are putting yourself out there in life, and getting back into better shape. Helping others is a fantastic way to start feeling better about things and gives you a purpose. I hope you are feeling a little more confident in life. Also, personally, if I can "gameify" my exercise like you keeping track of your steps, it can help me push myself.

@ barq- I've read some of your posts and you have some interesting observations. I'm psyched you are finding a way to get some cardio.

I saw some photos of Americans at random events in the 1960's and similar photos from last year. I'm not trying to attack anyone and I know, especially on this forum many are physically unable to exercise and I have honest sympathy, but as a society we need to take better care of our bodies, and pressure companies toward less processed foods.
(12-31-2022, 05:16 PM)happyvibe Wrote: Good luck with everyones resolutions. Mine is also to lose weight.  I was on such a roll for the past few months but losing my dog really set me back.

Tomorrow im back on the bike even if its just 15 mins to start!

So sorry for your loss.  It can set on a wave of grief that nobody realizes you are even experiencing.  Maybe the cardio endorphins will get you back on that roll once you see how much better you'll feel physically.  Emotionally, my 2 doggies passed in 2019 and 2021 and I am certain my heart won't heal or at least be capable of loving another animal like that.

15 min is a great start! I wish Santa had given me a peloton for xmas.  Maybe next year!